Seaside Spa question (color and hair cut)

jcathers1

I am considering getting the "Jean Louis David color, cut, and style" in the Seaside spa for my wife. She normally pays more than $100 for a color and cut (she has hair down to the middle of her back), so $55 seems like a good deal. She is a little hesitant going to a "new" person for her color/cut, so I told her I would see if anyone had any experience with this, positive or negative.

Is there any restriction on hair length? Is this available any day (or only sea days)? Do you just schedule your first day on the ship? Any comments would be helpful.

TIA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcathers1 said:

I am considering getting the "Jean Louis David color, cut, and style" in the Seaside spa for my wife. She normally pays more than $100 for a color and cut (she has hair down to the middle of her back), so $55 seems like a good deal. She is a little hesitant going to a "new" person for her color/cut, so I told her I would see if anyone had any experience with this, positive or negative.

Is there any restriction on hair length? Is this available any day (or only sea days)? Do you just schedule your first day on the ship? Any comments would be helpful.

TIA.

I had a cut color and style done aboard last month. It is outstanding.  The stylist and I talked for a bit about what I was looking for (and I made a major change in hair style!  Went from mid back to above shoulders , etc).  We talked colors, highlights and lowlights , went through the color book to find what would work best, etc.  Lovely young lady from Maritius.  She did a fabulous job. I wish I was going back aboard in the next couple weeks to get it trimmed up and restyled by her!! 

Hair felt great afterwards, not dey or like straw. No hard sell of any type of products etc.  

You'll pick your date and time once aboard. Just head up to the spa and book it soon after boarding..  

And the price in advance is great!  

19 hours ago, reedprincess said:

I had a cut color and style done aboard last month. It is outstanding.  The stylist and I talked for a bit about what I was looking for (and I made a major change in hair style!  Went from mid back to above shoulders , etc).  We talked colors, highlights and lowlights , went through the color book to find what would work best, etc.  Lovely young lady from Maritius.  She did a fabulous job. I wish I was going back aboard in the next couple weeks to get it trimmed up and restyled by her!! 

Hair felt great afterwards, not dey or like straw. No hard sell of any type of products etc.  

You'll pick your date and time once aboard. Just head up to the spa and book it soon after boarding..  

And the price in advance is great!  

Thank you!  I usually go the week before our cruise but have been wanting to get it done on the ship.  You convinced me to have it done on the ship.  The price is unbelievable.

4 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Thank you!  I usually go the week before our cruise but have been wanting to get it done on the ship.  You convinced me to have it done on the ship.  The price is unbelievable.

me too! Thanks to reedprincess 

Edited by Fly2where

Happy to help.  The other gentleman in the hair salon did several cuts and styles while I was getting fixed up (I had long hair, and it's thick, my appointment took close to 4 hours! - and every single one of them commented how happy they were with their cut.  Both ladies and gents getting styled up. 

I'll definitely be getting mine done again aboard, especially the color.  It still looks great! 

I sincerely hope you are all as happy with yours as I am.. and the price is fantastic!  There wasn't even a slip to sign at the end to leave a top or such. I went back to my cabin, grabbed some cash and brought it back down for the hair dresser, I was that happy. 

• Like 1