Break from port intensive itinerary!

Petron

We will be cruising on a very port intensive cruise in April. I would like to stay and chill on the ship during one of the ports, we are stopping in

St. Thomas

Barbados

St. Kitts

St. Lucia

Antigua

Is one of these stops not “worth” the visit? I know it is subjective but any guidance would help.

Thanks!

I wouldn't say that any of those is "not worth it", but if I had to pick one, it would be St. Thomas. The reason is because St. Thomas is the most common port in this itinerary, and it appears on many Eastern and Southern itineraries. So if you miss it this time, chances are good that you'll get to visit on a future cruise, either from Florida or from San Juan. The other ports not so much.

I love St. Thomas, but its grown overly commercialized over the years, and sometimes its overrun with tourists, both on land vacations and cruise ships. But with that said, I still enjoy what it has to offer. It's just crowded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I would agree with the previous poster. I have been to St.Thomas so many times, no matter which Caribbean cruise it is. I have been to the other ports too, but only once, and would love to be able to visit them again. Hopefully soon!

• 5 months later...

And yet someone else who agrees with staying on the ship in St Thomas.  The only hesitation that I have in recommending that you stay on ship there is because it appears to be the first port you're visiting and you'd probably want a break in between the islands, rather than at the beginning.  If that is the case, then I'd suggest looking at the activities for both St Lucia and St Kitts and seeing if there's anything that's of less interest.