Uber Houston to Galveston

13 hours ago, Kiarasclevercruising said:

has anyone ever used Uber to get from the Houston airport to Galveston? Normally we pay for the shuttle but this time we are taking our family and looking for cheaper options....

Which airport - IAH (Bush Intercontinental) or HOU (Hobby)? IAH is about 70 miles to the port, HOU is about 40 miles.

7 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Which airport - IAH (Bush Intercontinental) or HOU (Hobby)? IAH is about 70 miles to the port, HOU is about 40 miles.

1 hour ago, Kiarasclevercruising said:

IAH

Try Galveston Express also 

I am staying near Houston Hobby and want to UBER to Galveston also.  Carnival bus is 36.95 per person.  I am wondering if UBER would be less then $73.90(two of us).  Last cruise with this scenario, we shuttled from hotel back to airport the morning of the cruise and took the Carnival bus.  Waited around the baggage claim area until about 9:30ish.  They herded us to the bus and we sat and sat.  One of the ladies that worked for the bus company came on the bus to give us an update and said something to the effect that we all had too much luggage.  They had to keep rearranging all the luggage under the bus to get it all to fit.  I told myself that the next time I am cruising out of Galveston that I am finding a different way to get there.  It was a nice bus ride down once we got going but it sure was a lot of waiting.  Can anyone report on what they paid an UBER driver to get from Hobby to Galveston port?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 7:24 AM, Kiarasclevercruising said:

Uber prices were $50 per car to hobby and $75 to IAH. I've taken Galveston Express before it's $30 per person but had to wait four hours for them to get there... And I'm taking my family this time don't want to spend that much...

This is a great choice.  I don't use Uber, honestly, but we used Galveston Limo (shuttle not the limo service) and they were very reliable.  I'd use them again.