Gluten Free Bread

Sorry everyone, this is my first time back to the boards since everything changed and I can not find the search function.  I know there are other posts out there but please humor my ignorance.

I cruised on RCI for Christmas and it was my first Gluten Free cruise.  They had a sliced sandwich bread they toasted for me in the MDR that was quite tasty.  I am looking for the brand name and places I can buy it.  I live in the Houston, TX  area if that helps narrow down store choices.  

Also, the dining room staff already knew of my diet restrictions when I showed up.  Will I need to add this information to my cruise file for each cruise going forward or will it be stored in RCI's system?  

Thank you all for your time and responses.

17 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

.... Also, the dining room staff already knew of my diet restrictions when I showed up.  Will I need to add this information to my cruise file for each cruise going forward or will it be stored in RCI's system?  

I would notify the Special Needs people each cruise: special_needs@rccl.com.

28 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

Sorry everyone, this is my first time back to the boards since everything changed and I can not find the search function.  I know there are other posts out there but please humor my ignorance.

I cruised on RCI for Christmas and it was my first Gluten Free cruise.  They had a sliced sandwich bread they toasted for me in the MDR that was quite tasty.  I am looking for the brand name and places I can buy it.  I live in the Houston, TX  area if that helps narrow down store choices.  

Also, the dining room staff already knew of my diet restrictions when I showed up.  Will I need to add this information to my cruise file for each cruise going forward or will it be stored in RCI's system?  

I believe the GF  bread is baked on board.

Further information:

This was on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston December 2018.  The waiter brought out the loaf of bread in its packaging like a regular loaf of bread to show me it was gluten free.  It had a name brand on the package but I forgot to write it down and can not remember what it was.

Edited by sandinmyshoes

12 minutes ago, FirstAnthem said:

I believe the bread is Canyon Bakehouse. My daughter has celiac and on our cruises she said the bread tasted exactly like Canyon Bakehouse, which we use at home. The hamburger buns were Udi’s as far as we could tell. 

True. While they bake their GF rolls fresh on board, they use Canyon for their sliced breads.

From our Galley tour on Oasis of the Seas:

DSC01164.JPG

DSC01165.JPG

• Like 1