Just submitted a review of Niew Amsterdam

wales4ever

Hi, Wales!  My mom is Welsh.  From Coedpoeth.  After 60 years still not a US citizen.

I will be on the NA next month.  A Mexican Riviera cruise.  Did you find the pools/decks crowded?  On the Koningsdam Holiday cruise, it was a madhouse.  Both pool areas VERY crowded with loungers all over ship all taken at every time of day.  I am hoping that is an aberration (Caribbean, Holiday).  I like to sit outside for the air and sunshine but not to suntan  🙂  (We got an inside but hoping for an upsell to balcony!  we shall see!!!! 🤞 )

Edited by 1964IceCreamLady

Nearly always found a bed at the back of the ship.  The lido pool had towels down from before 8am!  One sea day on the second week they all had towels down by 8am - no one on them though....

I like to have coffee and read a book first thing when its quiet so was at the back of the ship by 8 most days. Some sad  people put towels down but did not return for 2/3 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 3:08 PM, wales4ever said:

Nearly always found a bed at the back of the ship.  The lido pool had towels down from before 8am!  One sea day on the second week they all had towels down by 8am - no one on them though....

I like to have coffee and read a book first thing when its quiet so was at the back of the ship by 8 most days. Some sad  people put towels down but did not return for 2/3 hours.

That is so frustrating when people do that because some people may have been able to utilize the chairs for an hour or two and then would be gone anyway. This is exactly why I spend the extra money to have a Lido Cabana so that I know I have a guaranteed place to sit whenever I want to and can come and go as I please.

• Like 1