Half Moon Cabanas

Spartancoach

We just got off the Magic last week and had a Cabana at HMC. I went to the excursion desk immediately after boarding and was second in line so I got my preferred Cabana (#13) no problem. I did not see a FTTF designation at the shore excursions desk, just one line. The line never appeared long just slow when the person in front can't make up their mind! We chose not to get FTTF partly because of the Cabana and priority tendering.... I recommend getting off the ship ASAP because you'll have like a hour with the beach to yourself practically and get a higher number Cabana. We talked to someone in #5 and they said people kept trying to use their stuff but we didn't have any problems further down. 

We just got our cabana.  very excited.  But curious to those that have had one.  Our time slot says 9:30.   But when I go back and look at the cabanas they now have time slots for 9:00 am.  Does this matter?   

11 hours ago, Spartancoach said:

We just got our cabana.  very excited.  But curious to those that have had one.  Our time slot says 9:30.   But when I go back and look at the cabanas they now have time slots for 9:00 am.  Does this matter?   

They have a time listed for formality. You can ignore that. You get your cabana as soon as you tender into HMC and you keep it until the end of your time there, when you're ready to tender back.

Booked a cruise for Jan 18,2020 while still on the Horizon this past January 2019.  They released the HMC cabana's on 05/15/2019.  I booked one. Its our 4th time on HMC and have had a cabana every time and LOVE IT.

We've done the cabana 3x in the past.  Now they are so outrageously expensive we skip it and opt for a clamshell near the pirate ship so that we can watch the games they do.  I've got a secret on how to get a cabana.  Once they are 'sold out' (which is usually immediately) I send an email to the excursion desk requesting to be put on the waiting list for a cabana.  I make sure I print off the response email from them stating that I am on the list.  As soon as I get onboard, I check in with the excursion desk, sometimes they have me on the waiting list, sometimes not (this is why I bring the email with me)...We've gotten a cabana everytime.  The cabanas are nice, comfy...it includes sodas, water, lots of fresh fruit and chips, padded loungers, misting fan, table and chairs, air conditioner, rafts, snorkel gear, outdoor shower...the further out you go, the more privacy you have...this does not stop people from trying to use your stuff (like the shower)...the last time we had one, around 1pm a group of young ladies (ship workers I'm pretty sure), came along and camped out right next to us (in the shade of the cabana) and they were quite loud and played music and helped themselves to our shower....it was a little annoying.  I think everyone should try one atleast once.  They are very nice, we just don't think they are worth the $300+ for two people.  I think when we got them, they were about $270-ish.

• Like 1