Where to stay pre-cruise

Rdabadie

Hey Everyone

Where do you stay the night(s) before your cruise?

I have to priceline a hotel for my upcoming Victory cruise and looking for recommendations. Thinking of trying the downtown zone for the first time, heard lots of good things. I've already stayed in SoBe, Ft Lauderdale Beach and by the airport.

Rob

Regal Empress 7/97, Nordic Empress 10/97, Sensation 11/98, Paradise 11/99, Ecstasy 11/00, Norway 5/01, Triumph 11/01, Explorer of the Seas 9/02, Paradise 5/03, Victory 4/04

If you are sailing out of Miami I would go for a 3 or 4 star downtown hotel on Priceline. Most have ended up with either the Hyatt or the Sheraton. Both are very nice hotels and very close to the port. If you want to step up a notch then try a 4* in the downtown area. The Intercontinental is a wonderful hotel with the best views of the surrounding area including the port. If you are sailing out of Port Everglades then I would go for a 4* in the beach area. The Marriot Marina and Hyatt Pier 66 are both terrific. But for value on an above average hotel you can't go wrong with a 3* downtown Miami hotel on Priceline.

carnival.jpg

Tony

2004 Legend March 28th

2003 Paradise

2002 Paradise

2000 Destiny

1999 Fascination

1998 Fantasy

Vonnie - Will you please tell me about the Holiday Inn, south beach that you are referring to? Thanks so much.

Marie

HAL - MAASDAM - June 2004/Canada/New England

RCI - Mariner of the Seas,

Sept 2004(CC Group Cruise)

Carnival Miracle -February 2005

RCI Majesty of the Seas - Spring Break, March 2005

Celebrity Mercury, April 2005

We stayed post-cruise at the Holiday Inn South Beach. It was okay but a wonderful location with the beach and boardwalk steps from the hotel. The hotel itself is only okay and in need of updating. If it were me, I'd stay pre-cruise downtown for a couple of reasons. One, the prices with Priceline for excellent hotels are unbeatable. We paid $35 a night to stay at the Hyatt. Bayside is a great place to hang out during the day and evening plus there is breakfast available at the food court the next morning. In addition, there is entertainment in the evenings as well. To me, the prices on South Beach are way out of sight and I typically don't complain about prices on vacation. I am glad we did SB just because we had never been but if I was in Miami only one afternoon and night, I'd opt for downtown.

We really liked Coral Gables...loads of great restaurants and the four star hotels in the area are usually less expensive than the four stars in DT Miami.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

We are getting a free night stay at the Courtyard By Marriott Downtown Miami - I have not seen a lot of good or bad info about it. Since we are getting into Miami around dinner time and boarding the ship the next morning/afternoon I do hope it will be alright for that short time. icon_cool.gif

we're staying at embassy suites airport hotel the night before - it's $130 a night for 5 of us in a suite and includes transfers from airport and port the next day and bvreakfast - i thought that was a good deal but after reading $30 a night at the holiday in i'm not so sure - we're cruising on may 23rd from miami

Archived