Premium Plus Beverage Package/Free Open Bar

Dd992emo

I’m not as young as I once was and confuse easily. Going on a 4 day Bahamas cruise with the subject alcohol policy and I’ll be darned if I can figure out what drinks are included and what I pay extra for. Can anyone tell me?

Do you mean brands of alcohol or drinks?

In terms of brands, I can't answer for you.  However in terms of drinks, any drink below $15.00 will be included.  Therefore, you could get a standard martini included if you don't have a brand preference, but if you want what NCL considers a "super-premium" brand, then that same martini may now be $18.00 and you would have to pay the difference ($3.00 plus the difference of the 20% gratuity).

I just had a conversation with someone at NCL regarding my wife's trip on the Sky to Cuba in May....I said to her, I heard that this cruise is an open bar, so why am I paying for the Premium Drink Package?  I was under the assumption that the "open bar" was only well drinks, and the Premium was better, name brand booze....She said no...that's the common misconception.  She stated that with the Premium package, it gets specialty coffees, fresh squeezed juices and bottled water.  

However....she did mention to me that certain brands of alcohol are in the under $15 range, and some were not.....I was utterly shocked to hear that Bulliet Bourbon (which my wife drinks religiously) would be an additional $4 per drink!!! But Gentleman Jack is under $15.  Now, I work in the wine and liquor industry and know for a fact that the cost difference in a 1 Liter bottle (at least in NJ) is under a dollar difference, with Bulliet being $37 and Gentleman Jack being $36.09....I just don't get where their heads are at!   She did say she had a list of liquors that were under, with Patron being one of them, which costs $42.09 for a 750ml!!!   Makes NO sense to me!  

28 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

I just had a conversation with someone at NCL regarding my wife's trip on the Sky to Cuba in May....I said to her, I heard that this cruise is an open bar, so why am I paying for the Premium Drink Package?  I was under the assumption that the "open bar" was only well drinks, and the Premium was better, name brand booze....She said no...that's the common misconception.  She stated that with the Premium package, it gets specialty coffees, fresh squeezed juices and bottled water.  

However....she did mention to me that certain brands of alcohol are in the under $15 range, and some were not.....I was utterly shocked to hear that Bulliet Bourbon (which my wife drinks religiously) would be an additional $4 per drink!!! But Gentleman Jack is under $15.  Now, I work in the wine and liquor industry and know for a fact that the cost difference in a 1 Liter bottle (at least in NJ) is under a dollar difference, with Bulliet being $37 and Gentleman Jack being $36.09....I just don't get where their heads are at!   She did say she had a list of liquors that were under, with Patron being one of them, which costs $42.09 for a 750ml!!!   Makes NO sense to me!  

They continue to tweak the list of what is under $15.  They really have over complicated something that should be simple.

14 minutes ago, smileyjannie said:

Okay so specialty coffees cost extra?

How about what I refer to as foofoo drinks (drinks that are blended, sweet, not just a mixed drink) are those extra as well?

With the Premium Drink Package, specialty coffee's are no extra charge, and I'm sure there's plenty of fruity frozen drinks, they usually use cheap liquors for those anyway....

All drinks by the glass are included in the Premium Plus package, including higher grade liqueurs. There is not a $15 price limit as with the free open bar perk. Only thing not included is speciality experiences like wine tastings and fights. Specialty coffee drinks are also included but only during meals. The link below spells it all out. Hope this helps!  

https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package

On 3/9/2019 at 12:30 PM, smileyjannie said:

Okay so specialty coffees cost extra?

How about what I refer to as foofoo drinks (drinks that are blended, sweet, not just a mixed drink) are those extra as well?

Specialty coffees are limited to dining room only..... can't get them at Atrium Cafe, Starbucks etc