Koningsdam stateroom questions

When I was on the K'dam a few years ago, I felt that my standard verandah stateroom was smaller than other HAL ships and other cruise lines.  I see on their website that they list a wide range of square footage for the standard verandah.  How does one find one of the ones with more sq ft?  Is it hidden somewhere on the website?  Are Vista Suites substantially larger?

We cruised on the Koningsdam in Jan 2017 and had stateroom 4022 on Deck 4 (category VB) which had a massive balcony but it is about half overlooked by the staterooms above. We loved it! 

Edited by RoyalVisit

We were just in cabin 6100, extended angled balcony but the rest of the cabin is standard.

Any differences in square footage are related to veranda size, not interior dimensions.

We previously had a Vista Suite and agree there is no practical difference from a regular Veranda other than the bed being next to the balcony.

• Like 1

Thank you, everyone, for this info.  Yes, I was interested in the sizes of the staterooms not the balconies and was sure hoping that was where the extra sq ft were.

Does anyone know of a third party website or some secret part of the cruise line website where I might find this info for individual cabins?

Specifically on the K'dam, to which stratospheric cabin level would I need to go to get more sq ft than in a standard verandah cabin?

20 hours ago, RoyalVisit said:

We cruised on the Koningsdam in Jan 2017 and had stateroom 4022 on Deck 4 (category VB) which had a massive balcony but it is about half overlooked by the staterooms above. We loved it! 

We were in 4033 (Oct. 2018) and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  The size was just fine and especially the balcony.

1 hour ago, boards said:

We were in 4033 (Oct. 2018) and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  The size was just fine and especially the balcony.

2 questions. 1.  Any noise from the world stage?  2. How was the ride up forward (we normally have an aft cabin. )

We did not hear any noise from the world stage.  The ride was fine.  We had a little windy weather, but the ride was fine.  The balcony with the wind was not to good to sit out in though.   We normally do not book that far forward, (we booked a guarantee obstructed view deck 4), but were assigned this cabin.   We would do it again.

1 hour ago, boards said:

We did not hear any noise from the world stage.  The ride was fine.  We had a little windy weather, but the ride was fine.  The balcony with the wind was not to good to sit out in though.   We normally do not book that far forward, (we booked a guarantee obstructed view deck 4), but were assigned this cabin.   We would do it again.

Thanks for the update. I might be looking at an aft cabin on deck 4. We were aft on deck 5 our last cruise; and looked down on the huge balcony below us. There will be three of us this trip & I thought the larger balcony would be a plus. 

Thank you for your continuing comments.  I am pushing this post forward in hopes that someone new will know if there is a website where I can find the actual square footage of individual cabins by cabin number on the K'dam, HAL ships, and/or all cruise lines.  I am interested in the size of the cabin itself, not the balcony.

halfacts.com shows past passenger pics of various staterooms.  If you want the most accurate knowledge about square footage, pick out a couple of cabins and call HA directly.  Sorry, but I don't know of any website that has square footage for each cabin.  As you know, cabin size can vary greatly in the same category.  HA does count balcony size as part of a cabin's square footage, or at least, that's what my PCC has told me.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:33 PM, poinsettiaplate said:

Thank you for your continuing comments.  I am pushing this post forward in hopes that someone new will know if there is a website where I can find the actual square footage of individual cabins by cabin number on the K'dam, HAL ships, and/or all cruise lines.  I am interested in the size of the cabin itself, not the balcony.

I know it exists, as once on board the Prinsendam, the FCC was able to access the exact square footage between the cabins we were looking at. I've never encountered that information out in the wild. Only when working with a FCC at their desk on-board.