Check Your Cruise Planner

Check your cruise planners people!

We are cruising on the 04/25/19 IOS cruise to Cozumel and he 07/26/19 Ovation Cruise to Alaska. We just saved $ on our Cruise Planner purchases.

Saw that Royal was hosting a sale.

For Indy, we had already booked the Ultimate Dining Package (at $106pp) and the Behind the Scenes Tour (at $97pp). Went out to the website, and UDP was $95pp and BTS was $89pp. Cancelled and rebooked. That's $38 back in our pockets! 

Also checked the Behind the Scenes on the Ovation (which we hadn't previously booked), in July and it had dropped form $119pp to $109pp. So... we booked it.

No additional discounts on the drink packages for either cruise beyond what we got on Black Friday, but it never hurts to check!

Happy Savings (I hope) Y'all

Edited by rjwinneberger
Typo
  • Thanks 1

This is good advice.  I leave shortly on a cruise that has been booked for 4 months.  In that time the excursion prices have changed on 11 occasions.  Some I have rebooked twice.  One excursion ranged from $266 to $183.  I bought it at $229, then rebooked at $206, and rebooked at $183.

The same thing happened with internet prices, specialty meals packages, and The Key.

Same thing on our Symphony cruise for upcoming July.

It pays to check frequently.  Prices changes on the "extras" do not necessarily align with changes in "sales promotions".

is there a way to see the original price of things? and is there an easy way to see if there are sales? when i look at mine there are certain things that say something like 'price reflects discount' but if i havent been watching, i dont really know how much of a discount it is

47 minutes ago, nalatrixie74 said:

is there a way to see the original price of things? and is there an easy way to see if there are sales? when i look at mine there are certain things that say something like 'price reflects discount' but if i havent been watching, i dont really know how much of a discount it is

What we have done is to book the stuff we plan to utilize (beverage, dining, excursions) and check often to see if they have been discounted.  I often need to look at my order history in the planner to remind me of what I paid.  There is also a deals tab often in the planner that shows what is RCI considers to be on sale.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

Thanks for the heads-up!  Looks like we might need to cancel and rebook our beverage package.  That would save us $35.

Do it.  Yesterday I changed something that only saved me $2, but only took a minute to accomplish so what the heck. Better in your pocket than their pocket.

1 hour ago, norway olin said:

Do it.  Yesterday I changed something that only saved me $2, but only took a minute to accomplish so what the heck. Better in your pocket than their pocket.

How long does it take for them to credit your credit card?

i didnt really plan on booking any of the excursions but now i see for one of our stops could be the only option , i will be keeping an eye on the price currently at 131 euros , how do prices compare once on ship i imagine alot depends on how many spare places there are , i'm also worried about the weather as says go ahead unless there is snow and i'm not sure about a hike in pouring rain.

We used our onboard cash to buy our drink package.. or part of our drink package at least. We don't typically like to hold onto that for long because we don't always spend a lot of money onboard. My question is if I cancel our drink package purchase for a cheaper price, does the onboard cash get refunded as well? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, knon24 said:

We used our onboard cash to buy our drink package.. or part of our drink package at least. We don't typically like to hold onto that for long because we don't always spend a lot of money onboard. My question is if I cancel our drink package purchase for a cheaper price, does the onboard cash get refunded as well? Thanks.

Yes, the OBC refund appears immediately after you cancel.