Doge's Palace Secret Itinerary Tour

alrose251

For those who have taken this tour, how much do you encounter small spaces?  Is this only getting from one room to the next?  Or are you in a small tight area for a little while?

The tour list "The spaces have, in some cases, small size and are on different levels connected by steep and narrow stairs: are therefore not accessible to those with mobility problems and is not recommended for those suffering from claustrophobia, vertigo of cardio-respiratory disorders."

My BIL has a slight problem with claustrophobia.  He will be fine if it is just a tight space for a brief time moving from one area to another. 

I would appreciate any experience with this tour.

Thanks,

Rose

Edited by alrose251
turn n notifications

38 minutes ago, alrose251 said:

For those who have taken this tour, how much do you encounter small spaces?  Is this only getting from one room to the next?  Or are you in a small tight area for a little while?

I have been on this tour on 2 separate occasions and I don't recall being confined in a small space for a long period of time. The Pozzi (stone detention wells) are rather cramped but we still had enough room to accommodate our entire group and I recall the Piombi being rather cramped (mostly because of their location in the attic where I found it difficult to stand fully upright in a few places). Some of the stairways are very tight - can't recall specifically which ones.  It is an amazing tour - hope your BIL can participate.

The following PDF offers a map of the itinerary with a few photos:

http://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/itinerari-segreti-ducale-ENG-2015.pdf

On 3/8/2019 at 4:37 AM, alrose251 said:

The tour list "The spaces have, in some cases, small size and are on different levels connected by steep and narrow stairs: are therefore not accessible to those with mobility problems and is not recommended for those suffering from claustrophobia, vertigo of cardio-respiratory disorders."

My BIL has a slight problem with claustrophobia.  He will be fine if it is just a tight space for a brief time moving from one area to another. 

I would appreciate any experience with this tour.

Thanks,

Rose

When I encounter these situations, I just make sure not to get too close to the people in front of me.  I just wait for a space to clear before I step into it.  I don't have much of a problem with claustrophobia - if I am aware that the space is tight that is usually enough.  It gets to me a little if I encounter an unexpected situation. I don't remember any problems at all in the Doge's Tour.

Vic

3 hours ago, Victress2007 said:

When I encounter these situations, I just make sure not to get too close to the people in front of me.  I just wait for a space to clear before I step into it.  I don't have much of a problem with claustrophobia - if I am aware that the space is tight that is usually enough.  It gets to me a little if I encounter an unexpected situation. I don't remember any problems at all in the Doge's Tour.

Vic

Vic,

Thanks so much, this tip is exactly what I am looking for.  I think he can plan and make sure he doesn't get caught in that tight spot!  I appreciate your help!

Rose

On 3/11/2019 at 6:06 AM, alrose251 said:

Thanks so much comments.  This is really helpful!

Anyone else been on this tour?

Yes, I've been on the tour and there were no tight spaces.  There was a steep, narrow staircase, but its a passageway and you only travel through.