Compare Royal and Carnival Carribe

Fishing Bear

Fishing Bear   

Fishing Bear
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Taking the family of 10 on a celebratory 50th anniversary cruise to the Caribbean in August. Due to time of the year, cruise line selection is limited.

I need to keep 6 mid-40s adults and two 5 and 7 year old boys engaged. They are into athletic adventures, great music and entertainment, and excellent food.  I have never been on Carnival , but have always heard it considered more of a second rate experience.

Looking for some feedback from those who have been on both lines.  If you prefer one over the other, please tell me specific reasons why.  Any tips on taking the boys to the dining room. E.g. do ships have an expedited menu for kids, or do kids clubs watch kids during dining hours?

Though not a real big fan of Carnival, I wouldn't call them "Second rate".  We had no complaints with the service  dining, entertainment or activities.  We just found the overall decor just a little bit too busy and loud for our tastes.  If that's not an issue for you, I'd go with either line and choose depending on price, itinerary and what "perks" they may offer you.