Suite Amenities Package - Need Explanation Please

cruzin4us

Would someone please clarify this for me?   Below is what is listed on the HAL website as an option for purchase.   Current price for a 7 day cruise is $419 for 2 people:

I'm trying to figure out if this makes sense.  We are booked in an aft facing cabin and not in a suite.  I'm trying to calculate to see if this would pay for itself.  The offer indicates 2 bottles of wine of your choice and 2 bottles of your favorite liquor (does that mean anything?  It says "favorite" but that sounds too good to be true).  Any insight on this package would be greatly appreciated.   I calculated my items below.

$50 Beverage Card

Silverado Cabernet Sauvignon $106.25 x 2 = $112.50

Grey Goose Vodka $85

Bailey's $56.25

Pinnacle Grill Dinner $35 x 2 = $70

Bathrobes.....don't care, so no value to me

Breakfast at Pinnacle on day of departure - don't care

Fresh Flowers - Nice, but I wouldn't pay for them separately

Laundry & Pressing - Nice, but probably won't use on 7 day cruise

Total of items that interest me are:  $373.75

That means we would in theory be upside down if we purchased this pkg by $45.25.....BUT, if I had to buy cocktails instead of making my own with my Vodka & Bailey's I would make up this difference in a matter of 4 drinks.    

SUITE AMENITIES PACKAGE, DOUBLE, 7-10 DAYS

With a Suite Amenities Package, you'll receive in-suite beverages upon embarkation with two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor. In addition you'll enjoy a $50 beverage card, a monogrammed bathrobe to relax, fresh cut flowers, complimentary laundry and pressing*, a daily high tea or cold canap¿s delivered to your stateroom, and an elegant dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill. This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages. *Charges apply for dry cleaning. Price applies to double occupancy on voyages 7-10 days.

58 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

Would someone please clarify this for me?   Below is what is listed on the HAL website as an option for purchase.   Current price for a 7 day cruise is $419 for 2 people:

I'm trying to figure out if this makes sense.  We are booked in an aft facing cabin and not in a suite.  I'm trying to calculate to see if this would pay for itself.  The offer indicates 2 bottles of wine of your choice and 2 bottles of your favorite liquor (does that mean anything?  It says "favorite" but that sounds too good to be true).  Any insight on this package would be greatly appreciated.   I calculated my items below.

$50 Beverage Card

Silverado Cabernet Sauvignon $106.25 x 2 = $112.50 (My bold - I think this is $212.50?)

Grey Goose Vodka $85

Bailey's $56.25

Pinnacle Grill Dinner $35 x 2 = $70

Bathrobes.....don't care, so no value to me

Breakfast at Pinnacle on day of departure - don't care

Fresh Flowers - Nice, but I wouldn't pay for them separately

Laundry & Pressing - Nice, but probably won't use on 7 day cruise

Total of items that interest me are:  $373.75

That means we would in theory be upside down if we purchased this pkg by $45.25.....BUT, if I had to buy cocktails instead of making my own with my Vodka & Bailey's I would make up this difference in a matter of 4 drinks.    

SUITE AMENITIES PACKAGE, DOUBLE, 7-10 DAYS

With a Suite Amenities Package, you'll receive in-suite beverages upon embarkation with two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor. In addition you'll enjoy a $50 beverage card, a monogrammed bathrobe to relax, fresh cut flowers, complimentary laundry and pressing*, a daily high tea or cold canap¿s delivered to your stateroom, and an elegant dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill. This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages. *Charges apply for dry cleaning. Price applies to double occupancy on voyages 7-10 days.

Your math and mine don't agree.

I get a total of $473.75.  I think the difference is your multiplication for the Silverada Cabernet Sauvignon.

I think if I were ordering I would check first to see what the limitation (if there is one) is for the wine and liquor.  I believe there is a limit (or there used to be) as to what can be ordered.

I seem to recall it being equal to the old wine packages.  We had looked at ordering it once and that's what I found when I checked it out but that was a few years ago.

If what's offered is of value to you then, yes, it should be a good deal IF you would want all those things you itemzied.

hope this helps.

Kazu,

You are correct about my addition...:classic_huh:   I proofed my spelling but not my math.   The confusing part is the "favorite" liquor.   What's a favorite to me is likely not to be included.   Guess I will call tomorrow and get some additional answers on this.

I've already purchased 2 Pinnacle Dinners $70 and Bailey's $56.25 then I stumbled across this pkg and it made me reconsider.   I know I'd use the $50 beverage card (probably on day one), so now I just need to find out what liquor/wine is included.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Does this mean that bathrobes are no longer provided onboard unless you are in a Suite or order this package?

And the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast on the last morning...when most are rushing to get off the ship and catch a flight?  If it was room service offered (which most lines do not offer on the morning of disembarkation) we might be tempted.  :classic_smile:

2 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Does this mean that bathrobes are no longer provided onboard unless you are in a Suite or order this package?

And the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast on the last morning...when most are rushing to get off the ship and catch a flight?  If it was room service offered (which most lines do not offer on the morning of disembarkation) we might be tempted.  :classic_smile:

I'm not sure about the bathrobes, but I agree with you on the Pinnacle Grill on the morning of departure (it would be wasted on me).

2 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

The package includes a bathrobe you get to keep, it's monogrammed. HAL does provide bathrobes for use during the cruise.

HAL does offer room service on disembarkation morning. I've enjoyed a balcony breakfast on the last morning in the past.

We did this on our 35-day cruise in 2016.  We never got the bathrobes.  They had the wrong sizes in stock, and they finally credited our account.  Not as much as I thought we should have gotten though.  We never got the tea and canopes.  We had to order them by a certain time in the morning, and I kept forgetting before their deadline.

The liqueur and wine was a limited list.  They had what we wanted.  We were able to finish the two bottles of wine, but not the alcohol.  We left half of each bottle.  We had visited the infirmary and the doctor kept taking us off alcohol due to antibiotics.

Very impressed with their laundry service.

Wasn't impressed with the breakfast the last morning in the pinnacle grill and "special disembarkation procedures."  Not anywhere up to what we had in a Grand Suite on the Grandeur of the seas when the Concierge led us to the elevator and down to a special gangplank on deck 1.

I think you'll have more selection ordering the items ale carte. 

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Actually if we are in a suite that qualifies, we enjoy the Pinnacle Grill on the last morning.

It's relaxing and quiet as compared to the Lido.

We are normally flying out the next day though or late in the afternoon so we are not in a rush 😉 

3 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor

I would expect you would get a limited list to choose from.  Don't expect that list to include the entire wine list or every liquor  😉

3 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

complimentary laundry and pressing*

You can buy that for a 7 day cruise in North America for $49 for the cabin.

I've never been able to find any real value in the Suite Amenities package.

4 minutes ago, VennDiagram said:

I would expect you would get a limited list to choose from.  Don't expect that list to include the entire wine list or every liquor  😉

I think there would be value if I could truly get my "favorite" liquor....Knowing now that mine would be a 2 for 1, I can't see the logic behind it.

7 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The package includes a bathrobe you get to keep, it's monogrammed. HAL does provide bathrobes for use during the cruise.

HAL does offer room service on disembarkation morning. I've enjoyed a balcony breakfast on the last morning in the past.

How great!  But isn't the room service menu - non-suite - on the last morning a continental breakfast?

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Actually if we are in a suite that qualifies, we enjoy the Pinnacle Grill on the last morning.

It's relaxing and quiet as compared to the Lido.

We are normally flying out the next day though or late in the afternoon so we are not in a rush 😉 

We have eaten in the dining room on the last morning of almost every cruise we have been on.

• 2 months later...

On our last few HAL cruises, the Room Service Menu was the standard fare, we had full breakfasts.

I have drooled over this package for a while.  My calculations seem to make it worth it, if I wanted all offered.  I decided, yes, I do, but some I would not purchase if I did not have pkg, such as flowers, canapés, high tea.......

My question, has anyone purchased this pkg, then once on board, gone to Guest Services to see if you can do a 'trade'?  Thinking exchange the robes for something of equal value?  Never hurts to ask?  I'm sure everyone has thoughts, but just wondering if anyone has given it a try?

49 minutes ago, CM1984 said:

My question, has anyone purchased this pkg, then once on board, gone to Guest Services to see if you can do a 'trade'?  Thinking exchange the robes for something of equal value?  Never hurts to ask?  I'm sure everyone has thoughts, but just wondering if anyone has given it a try?

Some have and were successful, IIRC.  There have been other threads regarding this package.  There were even lists of the included liquor and the rates (1 for 1, 2 for 1, 4 for 1).  My experience with the package is quite old now but I do recall that it seemed to me to be priced at the same price of the total of all items.  Therefore, if you didn't need or want one or two items, it isn't worth buying the package.

BTW, OP, I believe you get two $50 Beverage cards if you purchase the couple's package.  (I didn't check your math to see if you calculated $100 for that.)

On 3/10/2019 at 2:54 PM, VennDiagram said:

We are on the NA for a 7 day to Alaska and have been told there is an option for a $20/bag laundry that will hold a lot of clothes. Seems like a better option for a short cruise if that is true.