The Coffee card

You may want to wait and purchase onboard.    Same price onboard as pre-cruise.  However, some ships charge multiple punches for larger coffees.  If you typically order the larger size coffee, the card may not be a good deal at all.  I'd ask the policy onboard your sailing before you purchase.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You may want to wait and purchase onboard.    Same price onboard as pre-cruise.  However, some ships charge multiple punches for larger coffees.  If you typically order the larger size coffee, the card may not be a good deal at all.  I'd ask the policy onboard your sailing before you purchase.

The official RCI stance on the multiple charges (from an RCI BDM (sales manager)) is one punch per shot of espresso in the drink.  (I queried this as I was trying to figure out if the card or the refreshment package made more sense for me).

31 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

The official RCI stance on the multiple charges (from an RCI BDM (sales manager)) is one punch per shot of espresso in the drink.  (I queried this as I was trying to figure out if the card or the refreshment package made more sense for me).

Maybe I've missed it, but when purchasing the coffee card pre-cruise, does it clearly mention this official policy?

Just now, stevea36 said:

I believe that the cruise planner says 15 drinks. Nothing about multiple punches for different sizes

That would not surprise me.  In fact, I would be really surprised if they disclosed the full terms, but that would not be Royal.

" Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

" Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 (of the smallest size) specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.

See how easy it would be for Royal to be non-deceptive for once?

Okay, I'm new to this so please think I'm not being rude. Going on Oasis for Mediterranean Cruise. Heavy early Port Days. What are my options say 5am to 6am for coffee? At that time of the morning price isn't important as a large mugs.Saw on here to bring large travel mugs Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, No Bananas said:

Okay, I'm new to this so please think I'm not being rude. Going on Oasis for Mediterranean Cruise. Heavy early Port Days. What are my options say 5am to 6am for coffee? At that time of the morning price isn't important as a large mugs.Saw on here to bring large travel mugs Thanks in advance.

Cafe Promenade.

2 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

Is it delivered to your stateroom?

In my past experience we recieved a letter directing us to pick it up at the coffee shop in the promenade. They had our name down on a list and issued it to us there.

...its probably redundant and mundane for you to answer these questions. But it really does help  and I have been going back through past Posts on first timer cruising but some details are not covered. Thank you again.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

See how easy it would be for Royal to be non-deceptive for once?

Yep. I bought it 5 times. The first three times, no problem. The last two they tried that per shot nonsense. I had to show the beverage manager online that it says ANY. Both times they honored it, by alerting the staff at the shop that it applied.  They changed it for me... but what about everyone else on board that had the card? Nope. As long as I purchase and it says ANY when I purchase, I will hold them to it on board. Interestingly enough, they had no problem with left over cards from previous cruises. 🙄

I have complained both times to RCI, and I now believe they like the ambiguity. 

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Yep. I bought it 5 times. The first three times, no problem. The last two they tried that per shot nonsense. I had to show the beverage manager online that it says ANY. Both times they honored it, by alerting the staff at the shop that it applied.  hey changed it for me... but what about everyone else on board that had the card? Nope. As long as I purchase and it says ANY when I purchase, I will hold them to it on board. Interestingly enough, they had no problem with left over cards from previous cruises. 🙄

I have complained both times to RCI, and I now believe they like the ambiguity. 

This helps me to remember to bring a print out of the terms on my future cruise if they haven't changed the language by then! Only purchased it once so far and definitely had multiple punches for larger sizes.

I was on Symphony in January (eastern/western back to back) and used the coffee card on both cruises (brought one half used on previous cruise on Serenade). We got a large and small latte every day and they charged two punches. On Serenade we were charged one punch for the small and two punches for the large.

Denise

12 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I just bought two cards for an upcoming cruise. If they try to charge me a punch per shot, I’ll be selling them back at guest services.  

Be sure to let us know about your success with that plan.  Thanks.