New to MSC

pandabebe

On 3/28/2019 at 9:16 AM, ziggyuk said:

Do a status match.

If you have a good status with Royal or Celebrity MSC will match the level. Even at classic (entry level which is normally not issued until after your first cruise) you will get 5% off which can be applied even if you have already booked.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

Thanks for the tip!  Just did it and got matched with Gold status! 

Did anyone have any issues with registering their booking number?  I've tried so many time and it just won't accept it (though it did recognize my booking number when I registered for the Voyagers Club).  I've heard that many people have had issues but don't know what to do about it.  I've sent them an email so hopefully they will call back as I'd like to start booking excursions.

Can anyone also confirm that if I book specialty restaurants when I arrive on the ship that it will be subject to additional fees vs. if I book in advance and online?  That was one of the tips someone else had given me but I haven't see anyone here.

Keep the tips coming please!  TIA!

3 minutes ago, pandabebe said:

Thanks for the tip!  Just did it and got matched with Gold status! 

Did anyone have any issues with registering their booking number?  I've tried so many time and it just won't accept it (though it did recognize my booking number when I registered for the Voyagers Club).  I've heard that many people have had issues but don't know what to do about it.  I've sent them an email so hopefully they will call back as I'd like to start booking excursions.

Can anyone also confirm that if I book specialty restaurants when I arrive on the ship that it will be subject to additional fees vs. if I book in advance and online?  That was one of the tips someone else had given me but I haven't see anyone here.

Keep the tips coming please!  TIA!

Well done on that.

Best to give them a call and ask them to link your booking to your new VC number.

19 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Well done on that.

Best to give them a call and ask them to link your booking to your new VC number.

Funny - I've been trying all morning to link my booking and after I posted I decided to try one more time and it worked!  Booking linked!  Now if I can only figure out how to make reservations for restaurants, excursions, etc.

13 minutes ago, pandabebe said:

Funny - I've been trying all morning to link my booking and after I posted I decided to try one more time and it worked!  Booking linked!  Now if I can only figure out how to make reservations for restaurants, excursions, etc.

If you log in then click on your name at the top right it will take you to your booking and a the following links:

My cruise l Excursions l Beverages l Specialty Restaurants l Spa & Beauty l Other Services l Already purchased

Click on each one, eg Excursions to make your choices.

Edited by ziggyuk

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

If you log in then click on your name at the top right it will take you to your booking and a the following links:

My cruise l Excursions l Beverages l Specialty Restaurants l Spa & Beauty l Other Services l Already purchased

Click on each one, eg Excursions to make your choices.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Tried clicking my name and going into my booking but there are no links for me to click - all I see is a map of our itinerary and our cabin details.  And just noticed that they got my son's gender and DOB wrong - will have to call about that as well since I can't change it on line.

23 minutes ago, pandabebe said:

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Tried clicking my name and going into my booking but there are no links for me to click - all I see is a map of our itinerary and our cabin details.  And just noticed that they got my son's gender and DOB wrong - will have to call about that as well since I can't change it on line.

After clicking your name you should be presented with this (Click "plan my cruise, then excursions")

It can vary from country to country but hopefully yours is like this:

booking.thumb.jpg.152482ad977a7d0bac22ac6df384bd40.jpg

19 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

After clicking your name you should be presented with this (Click "plan my cruise, then excursions")

It can vary from country to country but hopefully yours is like this:

booking.thumb.jpg.152482ad977a7d0bac22ac6df384bd40.jpg

Unfortunately mine is nothing like that.  🙁  This what I see after I click my name (perhaps it's because I'm using the US site).  Oh well.  I have to call to find correct my son's DOB and gender so I'll ask them why I can't see anything.

image.thumb.png.07e60e1b438dbd3d79b7bb46da85f201.png

3 minutes ago, pandabebe said:

Unfortunately mine is nothing like that.  🙁  This what I see after I click my name (perhaps it's because I'm using the US site).  Oh well.  I have to call to find correct my son's DOB and gender so I'll ask them why I can't see anything.

Yes, I had a feeling your website might be different, ours used to look similar to that but I can't remember how to navigate it.

Hopefully someone who is familiar with the US site can help.

1 hour ago, pandabebe said:

Is your booking ID in the dropdown list as i dont see it

On 4/5/2019 at 7:45 PM, pandabebe said:

There should be a tab that's labeled ENHANCE YOUR CRUISE. It seems to be missing for some reason. Maybe it's not all the way linked?

We did our first MSC back in November out of Marseille on the Magnifica. We really liked it, enough that I have two booked for this year and will probably be booking 2 for next year also. If coming from the states make sure you fly in a day early for sure. We stayed at the Best Western in town and it was pretty nice and walking distance to everything. Most the differences I didn't mind but I'm old at heart so was happy to not have all the crazy parties and stuff like on the US lines. It seemed a lot quieter (but was 12 nights in November when schools were in session).