Early morning land tour before Woodwind snorkel?

Ken'swife

We are booked on the 12pm - 4pm Woodwind Snorkel excursion in December.  This will be our first time in Bonaire so we'd also like to see some of the island.  Any suggestions for an early morning tour that would have us (4 adults) back to the port by 11:30ish? We will dock around 8AM so could do an 8:30-11:30 island tour. Any recommendations? 

• 6 months later...

I am looking for the exact same tour. I found a few but their tour ends too late.  

We are currently booked on the Woodwind morning tour (8:30-11:30) but want to try to go on their 12:00-4:00  tour.

58 minutes ago, Ken'swife said:

Join us on the the 12PM tour!  :-) We'll still be in port for a few hours afterwards.  I still haven't decided what else to do that day if anything. 

Are you on the December 1 Freedom of the Seas sailing?  the afternoon tour is over at 4 and we need to be back on board by 4:30

On 10/13/2019 at 1:28 PM, Judyrem said:

I am interested in a tour the AFTER my morning snorkel on the Woodwind, any ideas?  

I found a few to checkout.  it seems that most of the tours are pretty similar to each other.

Bonaire Vista Tours, Bonaire Photo Shoot and VoyagerBonaire Tours

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 12:28 PM, Judyrem said:

I am interested in a tour the AFTER my morning snorkel on the Woodwind, any ideas?  

After our snorkel and walking back to the pier there is a whole row of canopies for different tours and their times listed. We found one that we liked that was about to start and jumped in. One of the best tours we've had on any island. Think we paid about $25pp. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packedandready said:

After our snorkel and walking back to the pier there is a whole row of canopies for different tours and their times listed. We found one that we liked that was about to start and jumped in. One of the best tours we've had on any island. Think we paid about $25pp. 

Were there also taxis that would take you around the island?  

We decided to switch from the morning (3 hour) to the afternoon (4 hour) snorkeling tour with Woodwind.  We need to see if there are any tours that are around 2-2.5 hours in the early morning to make the 12:00 Woodwind tour.  If no tours fit our schedule, we will need to just grab a a taxi to take us around the island.

10 hours ago, packedandready said:

That's what I really want. I want to see how tired I am before I commit.😉

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

My advice would be to check in with Woodwind about a week before your tour.  We were all set for an afternoon tour, only to be told that they had little interest in the afternoon and would only be doing a morning tour.  I have no idea when they would have told me, I reached out to them.  We still plan on going, but now I'm scrambling a bit to change our day around.  

On 11/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, Eldaph said:

My advice would be to check in with Woodwind about a week before your tour.  We were all set for an afternoon tour, only to be told that they had little interest in the afternoon and would only be doing a morning tour.  I have no idea when they would have told me, I reached out to them.  We still plan on going, but now I'm scrambling a bit to change our day around.  

Yikes, that's not good.  I haven't seen any complaints about that on trip advisor so maybe that doesn't happen often.  Thanks for the heads up I will certainly check with them just in case.

I'm still trying to figure out if we'll be able to get a fairly good tour of the island from 8:30-11:30AM.  I hate to wait and grab a taxi when we get there.  I really like to have everything arranged before I get to port. 

14 hours ago, Ken'swife said:

Yikes, that's not good.  I haven't seen any complaints about that on trip advisor so maybe that doesn't happen often.  Thanks for the heads up I will certainly check with them just in case.

I'm still trying to figure out if we'll be able to get a fairly good tour of the island from 8:30-11:30AM.  I hate to wait and grab a taxi when we get there.  I really like to have everything arranged before I get to port. 

I don't think it happens often either, but I just wanted to give a heads up.  Luckily we didn't have anything else booked, it was just juggling our own schedule around.  I like to know what I'm doing ahead of time too.