want to upgrade from OV to balcony question

Emmabelle

I'm currently booked on the Victory for July 1 in two OV cabins with 2 and 2.  I was thinking of upgrading to balconies, but they basically only have 3 person balconies available. Is there a point when they allow 2 people to book a 3 person cabin?  There are plenty of 3 person ones.  The Carnival representative basically told me "no" when it's a summer sailing, that they stick to the occupancy rules.

Edited by Emmabelle

I know my personal Chris consults has said they try not to book 2 people in a 3 or 4 person room. I really don’t think you getmuch more floor space just cause it says it’s for three people.   But if you really want a three-person room I would do a fake booking on the website for three people pick a room out and call carnival and say you want to upgrade to that room number. 

I guess the worst they can tell you is no they won’t do it. 

It kind of sucks because if I'm counting correctly they have over sixty - 3 person cabins available, but not one 2 person one. 

Maybe I should try a different Carnival rep. haha

It seems they are pretty strict with their occupancy.  They don't want to lose any dollars from my two cabins. 

Edited by Emmabelle

We had two people in a balcony room for 4 once.....so it can happen...we didn't ask for a room for 4 but accepted an Upsell offer and that is where they put us when I phoned in.....you may get the right person that will make it happen for you! Good luck! 

• Like 1

I didn't believe the rep who basically said it won't happen. 

This morning I checked and there were two cabins available on Deck 8, not near each other, and one of the cabins was for guests who need a cane or walker.

So I'm just going to keep checking.  👍  Hopefully something will open up.  Our son has never had a balcony cabin, so it would be really cool.

Edited by Emmabelle

17 hours ago, Emmabelle said:

It kind of sucks because if I'm counting correctly they have over sixty - 3 person cabins available, but not one 2 person one. 

Maybe I should try a different Carnival rep. haha

It seems they are pretty strict with their occupancy.  They don't want to lose any dollars from my two cabins. 

They're assuming they'll sell out all those rooms for a summer sail....which happens most of the time that time of year. Your only hope is waiting til closer to sail date. maybe there will still be some available and they'll let you upgrade. Not likely though. 

I have booked cabins that say three is maximum number. I was a single. Best is call and talk to PVA and book the rooms with two people.They will book the room and tell you that if a problem comes they may have to make a change. It does not say that three or four will be required to the room

• Like 1

I have booked cabins that say three is maximum number. I was a single. Best is call and talk to PVA and book the rooms with two people.They will book the room and tell you that if a problem comes they may have to make a change. It does not say that three or four will be required to the room

Like I said book the rooms if you want. If you book the room with two people, they will not charge you for three. Rooms are listed as how many can be a a room , not how many are in it. I have had a room that would hold three by myself. Only time a problem might occur would be in time where  full boat is expected ahead, like maybe spring break

• Like 1