Best Golf Courses?

disneyochem

Finally got hubby to cruise to the Mexican Riviera with the promise of golfing!  Have two cruises booked for January 2020–NCL Joy for 7 days out of LA or 10-day Grand Princess trip out of SF.  Will decide which one based on port times/dates and tee time availability.  Neither line has shore excursions for golfing but both Cabo and PV have courses he wants to golf.

Has anyone done a DIY golfing excursion? Which course?  (And yes, he knows how expensive it will be!  Has travelled all over the world for golfing trips....). 

Thanks!

Lots of nice courses in both locations. We are in Cabo right now on a land trip, staying a ways from the ship area. I golfed Cabo Real and Palmilla. Strongly recommend Palmilla. Cabo del Sol, which is closer to ship area is also a nice course.

The ship may not provide a golf excursion for timing reasons.  My thought?  They can't control your/everyone else's speed of play, thus can't guarantee the return to the ship.  It's not like a guided trip when someone can shepherd the flock.  

Cabo is famous for its golf.  And fishing.  We plan on a land trip sometime with our boys so we can do both. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from NCL Star Mexican Riviera...I booked Tee time at Marina course in PV online...descent resort style course.  They offer "cruise passenger" package that includes rental clubs, cart, two sleeves of balls and logo ball for appox. $150 US.  Good lunch in club house.  Cab ride from cruise port was 200 pesos for wife and I.  Large crocs in water hazards..😮

• Like 1