NUKU HIVA, Marquesas Islands from South Pacific cruise onboard HAL Maasdam

konazo

Join us as we explore the rugged and picturesque island of NUKA HIVA by 4x4. Highlights of our 6 hr tour include: HOOME beach, exploring the ruins at KAMUIHEI and MAIKUKU; sights of TOOVIE CASCADE; town of HATIHEU in the northeast; AKAPA overlook; drive thru TAIPIVAL VALLEY; TAPIVAL beach; TAPIVAL and CONTROLLER BAY overlooks, before heading back to town of TAIOHE. Nuku Hiva is the largest of the Marquesas Islands in French Polynesia, and is therefore an overseas country of France in the Pacific Ocean. It was formerly also known as Île Marchand and Madison Island.

For playlist from this South Pacific cruise, please see  

• 6 months later...

Thank you for producing such a beautiful video of Nuka Hiva.  Your photographic eye is exceptional and your travels are very well documented.  I'm a photography buff as well and hope to do the island justice.  May I ask which travel company you toured with for the day?  We will be there on Nov 10th and wish to have a similar experience.  Many thanks,  Alice

Thank you... glad you enjoyed the video.  We love to cruise the islands of the South Pacific.  Sooo relaxing,

We went on a great full day excursion with Kevin Ellis that was set up on CruiseCritic by another cruiser.  His tours cover alot more than the cruiselines and it cost less, if I remember correctly. 

His contact email is --

ysnukuhiva@hotmail.com

Enjoy your cruise and be sure to bring some bug spray for the Marquesas and spray BEFORE you leave the ship.  We took spray with us and didn't use it til we stopped at a lookout and it was too late.  And all the bites were really itchy.

Safe travels...
cleardot.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kiwi Cruiser,

I think we were on the same cruise or there is another cc Kiwi Cruiser.  We were talking with KiwiCruiser in the showroom about our new red Olympus camera like you had.  We were on the Maasdam Oct 2018 for 28 day Polynesian & South Seas Sampler Papeete to Auckland ..I have posted most of the ports on YouTube on my channel, konazotravels and on CC.

Hope they bring back fun memories for you.

For our travel youtubes, please visit my Youtube CHANNEL at- https://www.youtube.com/c/konazotravels

• Like 1

10 hours ago, konazo said:

Hi Kiwi Cruiser,

I think we were on the same cruise or there is another cc Kiwi Cruiser.  We were talking with KiwiCruiser in the showroom about our new red Olympus camera like you had.  We were on the Maasdam Oct 2018 for 28 day Polynesian & South Seas Sampler Papeete to Auckland ..I have posted most of the ports on YouTube on my channel, konazotravels and on CC.

Hope they bring back fun memories for you.

For our travel youtubes, please visit my Youtube CHANNEL at- https://www.youtube.com/c/konazotravels

Yep, we where on the same cruise as you 🙂, and I might have talked to you!

Its great to see your videos and I have subscribe to your youtube channel

10 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Yep, we where on the same cruise as you 🙂, and I might have talked to you!

Its great to see your videos and I have subscribe to your youtube channel

That was a great cruise ... We are enjoying our Olympus camera and it's great to take pic with underwater.  We love cruises in the South Pacific...so relaxing and cruising the Mediterranean with so much to see and do and all the history.

Enjoy the videos and enjoy all your travels.

• Like 1