Daughter gets seasick

lookin4ward

We are going on the Triumph 5/6 and after I booked it I remembered my daughter (adult) got seasick on her one and only cruise. It was on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. We are going to the Eastern route. Will there be less movement? And what does everyone recommend for seasickness? Can you still get it at the pursers desk for free? One more question, will it be more effective if she starts to take it 24 hours before we get on the ship? I wish I had remembered this before I booked this as a surprise. She was soooo sick. Also any tips on Camp Carnival for my 8 year old grandson? Thanks everybody!

Anything she tries, she should try before the cruise to see how she reacts. Some people do well with bonine (you can get on the ship, but bring your own), some do well with dramamine, some with the patch, some with the bracelet, ginger, etc. I take ginger, everything else I have had odd reactions to, so I prefer the ginger... doesn't work for everyone, but in many studies, it has ranked near or at the top for effectiveness. But have her take along several remedies.

We are going on the Triumph 5/6 and after I booked it I remembered my daughter (adult) got seasick on her one and only cruise. It was on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. We are going to the Eastern route. Will there be less movement? And what does everyone recommend for seasickness? Can you still get it at the pursers desk for free? One more question, will it be more effective if she starts to take it 24 hours before we get on the ship? I wish I had remembered this before I booked this as a surprise. She was soooo sick. Also any tips on Camp Carnival for my 8 year old grandson? Thanks everybody!

If she truly feels motion on a ship as large as any in the Crnival fleet, she needs to go to the doctor and let him prescribe something for her. SOme people swear by ginger, the bands, etc. With the exception of ginger which works on some occasions scientific studies have shown that medications are the best bet.

DH tried Ginger it made him sicker. And I thought I had the all cure with that! We were at sea and did not know what to do Bonnie puts him to sleep for hours and hours. So ..... we bought some of the braclets with the buttons on the ship and guess what ..... ! they worked, these have no meds in them just work from pressure. Might give them a try. I can assure you they will be in the luggage for our next cruise and maybe even a couple extra pair.

I think if you bring a good selection of potential remedies then if she gets sick you have a better chance of helping her feel better. I would definitely advise she take one of each of the different meds to see how she reacts to them. If she gets sleepy with the bonine then maybe to take it right before bed and take ginger during the day along with the wristbands just for extra security. I get seasick sometimes and I have always been good with ginger...the wristbands did not ever work for me and the bonine makes me feel spacy.

The biggest thing is not to let her start feeling sick. Prevention, prevention, prevention!

Archived