Cruising w/daughter's 18 year old friend

We've cruised often and our daughter has always brought a friend but they have always been under 18 so I did the parent minor forms (permission for her to cruise and do authorize medical stuff). Do I need to do anything now that her friend will be 18 on this cruise? 

I'm in this same situation in April, however, my daughter has one friend coming that is 18 and one that is only 17.  Obviously for the 17 year old we are going to have the necessary paperwork, but I think just in case we may do it for the 18 year old just in case they would ask for it.  Better safe than sorry I say. 

2 hours ago, TTFromSommersTown said:

I would suggest that you get the form signed by the parents for the simple reason that if your daughters friend needs medical treatment and is not able to give permission, you will need to be able to authorize on their behalf.

Not really.  If the parents sign the form, and the person is 18, than it may will not be accepted.  If the person is unresponsive, medical treatment will still be administered until they are stabilized.  Doctors around here will not discuss medical items with a parent once 18.  The consent must come from the 18 year old, not the parent. 

To answer the poster, no they don't need any thing from a parent and the cruise line won't ask it.  All they care about is the room arrangements and who the 25 year old is that will be responsible.  (or is it 21 year old?)

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

Not really.  If the parents sign the form, and the person is 18, than it may will not be accepted.  If the person is unresponsive, medical treatment will still be administered until they are stabilized.  Doctors around here will not discuss medical items with a parent once 18.  The consent must come from the 18 year old, not the parent.

Exactly correct. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising

You might check to see if she in on any medications of is she has any know allergies.  If something unfortunate happens, while they do not need your consent, they might like to know this information if they are treating her and she is unresponsive.

2 hours ago, gatour said:

You might check to see if she in on any medications of is she has any know allergies.  If something unfortunate happens, while they do not need your consent, they might like to know this information if they are treating her and she is unresponsive.

She has traveled with us quite a bit so do know this information but good advice, thank you!