Let's talk Epic minisuite bathtubs

rabidstoat

I booked a guarantee minisuite and ended up with one with a bathtub, for which I have a few questions.

1. Is there still a nice shower head in there? I love really nice showers with good pressure for relaxing.

2. What size bathtub is this? It sounds like the sides are higher than what you would find in a hotel room, but otherwise is it the same size as a regular hotel type bathtub? Are the sides ridiculously high for someone with average mobility?

Sorry, can't help you. We specifically chose our mini suite room so that it wouldn't have a tub for that exact reason. My MIL was with us and has mobility issues and had just had double knee replacement surgery a few months before our trip. Didn't want to take a chance that she would have to struggle to get in/out, so we specifically chose a room with the deluxe shower instead.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:04 PM, rabidstoat said:

I booked a guarantee minisuite and ended up with one with a bathtub, for which I have a few questions.

1. Is there still a nice shower head in there? I love really nice showers with good pressure for relaxing.

2. What size bathtub is this? It sounds like the sides are higher than what you would find in a hotel room, but otherwise is it the same size as a regular hotel type bathtub? Are the sides ridiculously high for someone with average mobility?

I had a mini-suite on the Gem in’17.  Shower head was fine, good pressure.  Never took a bath, but probably would have been a bit tight for me (6’ tall.) but not abnormally so. The sides are definitely higher, so you’d probably be able to get a good soaking bath.

High edged bathtub - short in length, not exactly a kind of tub to soak in. There is a shower head - removable - with good pressure, though. You enter in the tub at the back.

That's on the Epic.

Never been in a mini-suite on the Jewel class ship (i.e. Gem) so I can't help with the comparison. 

Edited by bluesea777