Just off Mariner-happy to answer questions!

Momto5

On 3/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, firefox247 said:

Is Mariner still doing late night buffet?  I've heard conflicting things on it.

Not sure-I know the last night there were snacks in Windjammer listed. Prob because hot dog place closed early that night though..

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2019 at 2:00 PM, Momto5 said:

I disembarked Mariner this morning. Here’s a quick overview:

The Good 

Specialty dining at Jaime’s and Chops was great. They have good dining deals the day you get on.

We had a balcony with a connecting interior on Deck 9. Everything was in good shape in both cabins

My kids didn’t participate in a lot of Teen club activities, but were able to do SkyPad and FlowRider during protected teen club time. 

Entertainer in the British Pub is amazing!! I think he enjoyed the energy of the college kids on board. Ice show was great as well. The Quest was extra funny with the large college group (more on them later)

Embarkation and debarkation (plus parking) a breeze at Miami’s new Terminal A. We lined up for self walk off at 6:15 and we’re driving out at 7:15, 20 mins after we got off the ship 

Less Good:

Windjammer food was repetitive. Main dining room 2/4 nights was underwhelming. Apps and desserts good but mains meh.

Missing Cococay was a bummer. But we were well compensated with refundable OBC. Paid for our tips, internet and specialty dining.

Good or Bad

This cruise was a partial charter for Spring Break Party Cruise. Over 1000 college spring breakers on board. They were noisy, they were drinking and having fun. I personally thought they brought great energy to the ship. They were respectful and I spoke to several who were surprised to know the other passengers had no clue they would be cruising with this group. They crowded the pool bar, but would often defer to me when it was their turn first. I’d do it again in a heartbeat, but others will feel differently and Royal should at least warn people so they can decide whether they want themselves or their children to be exposed to a large group of college kids. 

Happy to to answer any questions!

Why did you miss Coco Cay?

21 minutes ago, oviedo45 said:

Did Mariner move to Port Canaveral?  I am showing it's leaving from this port on my December cruise I am contemplating - Thanks

Yes, just a couple of weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, oviedo45 said:

Thank you ! It will be our first time on this one - we've been on Monarch, Majesty and Enchantment

Mariner will blow away those ships.🙂

On 3/15/2019 at 2:00 PM, Momto5 said:

I disembarked Mariner this morning. Here’s a quick overview:

The Good 

Specialty dining at Jaime’s and Chops was great. They have good dining deals the day you get on.

What would you consider good dining deals? Did they offer prices below what could be pre-purchased in the cruise planner?

For my 4 night Mariner trip in Feb 2020- I can book Chops for $42.99, Jamie's for $39.99, Izumi for $49.99, Izumi Hibachi for $45.00 or the UDP for $99. My son's birthday is on the last day of our trip and I would like to do a specialty for that night, but would wait to book if I can purchase cheaper once on board

55 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

What would you consider good dining deals? Did they offer prices below what could be pre-purchased in the cruise planner?

For my 4 night Mariner trip in Feb 2020- I can book Chops for $42.99, Jamie's for $39.99, Izumi for $49.99, Izumi Hibachi for $45.00 or the UDP for $99. My son's birthday is on the last day of our trip and I would like to do a specialty for that night, but would wait to book if I can purchase cheaper once on board

It was around 70 pp for two dinners. Choices were Chops, Jamie’s or Izumi sushi not Hibachi. We chose Jamie’s and Chops