Breeze Vs Magic - Brand new cruiser

Sersee

We've sailed on both, and enjoyed them both.  I think maybe the Breeze was our favorite, but both are really nice ships.  

We have sailed RCCL, NCL, and Carnival, and RCCL has been our favorite, but we really like Carnival as well.  NCL crew just wasn't as friendly, but we still enjoyed ourselves.  Shows on RCCL and NCL were head and shoulders above Carnival shows in our opinion, except for the comedy shows.  Food was very similar, but there are more free options on Carnival and the variety is better.  We found some real bargains on RCCL and NCL the last couple of years, but current pricing is way beyond my cheapskate budget (spend less-cruise more).

Although Half Moon Cay is a favorite port of ours, it's not unheard of for ships to have to miss this port due to unfavorable conditions for tendering (rough seas for example).  That would leave you with a lot of sea days on the Magic, which could be monotonous for your family.  For that reason alone, I would choose the Breeze with 4 ports over the Magic with 3.

Enjoy your cruise no matter which ship you choose!!

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 5:43 PM, brookeq said:

Both ships are pretty similar.  I think the breeze has the thrill theater and the magic doesn't.   We did the breeze a few years ago and enjoyed it.  We will be on the magic in 2 weeks so i will see how we like it.  

Normally I would choose the one with more island stops.  But for this cruise it depends if you would want to go to San Juan since its probably not a beach day for a cruise stop.   We walked to the forts but I know that doesn't interest everyone.  Another thing to consider is the time of year you are going.  Half Moon Cay is awesome but its the bahamas and not as warm as St. Thomas in the winter months.   

My wife and I did a Carnival excursion to a beach resort when we were in San Juan.  It was a great beach day.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 7:28 AM, MWBearFan said:

Can't speak for the Breeze or Magic, though we are booked on the Breeze for a 2021 cruise.  But I can speak for Carnival.  Wife and I had our first cruise together (my first ever cruise) last October on the Victory.  We had friends badmouth carnival and talk about how it's just a party ship we have to watch ourselves from all the riff raff, debotchery and so on.  We experienced none of that on our cruise we had a wonderful experience start to finish.  Our only complaint is we wish we'd have booked a longer cruise.  Service was great, staff helpful and friendly, we had a great cruise director named Philipe (sp?).  Food was all good only exception is we weren't impressed with the buffet (with so many other good options this didn't bother us).  Our fellow cruisers were generally friendly as well had good conversations with about anyone we came in contact with.  For the price we felt we got our money's worth.  It didn't feel cheap or trashy like we'd been told.   Our itinerary was Nassu and Half Moon Cay.  Half Moon Cay is awesome and we will be returning on our next cruise. It is a private island so the only people on the island when your there are the people from your ship.  It is a tinder port but that's not a big hassle.  I would recommend Faster to the Fun which can be booked under your excursions.  That will give you priority tinder access along with many other benefits including things like priority boarding, your room will be ready when you board the ship, priority debarking, priority spot at the service desk, among other things.  On our cruise we got to the port, parked and they had a special entrance for priority boarding, we didn't have to wait in long lines to board. I'd say within a half hour to 45 min from arriving at the port of Miami we were on the ship.  Dropped our carryon bags, and headed to Lido for lunch at Guy's Burgers.  

Only when swiping left. 

Edited by gtonda
  • Haha 1