Oops... bunk beds! Help?

flaka

Having cruised a number of times before, this was a really stupid move on my part... I should have realized why it was so cheap! I just booked the Sensation over Memorial Day and thought I got a great deal on a guarantee inside cabin... well, it was guaranteed... and 1 upper and 1 lower! My boyfriend and I are both pretty thin but I'm not sure a twin is going to leave us much cuddle room. Granted, we don't plan on being in the room often... but does anyone have any suggestions? What are my chances of being bumped up over Memorial Day weekend? Anyone been stuck in this situation? I guess cruising with bunk beds is better than no cruising at all....

Also, does anyone know if a couple of weeks down the road, if I find a good deal with the same company I booked with (BestPriceCruises.com) for a better room, am I typically able to switch and pay the difference?

Thanks!!

Karin

Karin :-)

Imagination 08/99

Norwegian Sea 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 09/02

Disney Wonder 05/03

Enchantment of the Seas 09/20/03

We were upgraded twice on our Inspiration cruise and had booked with BPC. They are pretty good at finding upgrades, getting credits and answering their phones. Good luck. Cathy

bandc.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2004;06;27;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until our **STAR** search

Seattle to Alaska on NCL Star

June 27, 2004

Fantasy 12/25/03

Inspiration 4/13/03

NCL Majesty 12/27/02

Jubilee 3/23/02

Norwegian Sea 11/23/01

I understand your dilema.... icon_frown.gif

You basically have 2 choices:

(a) you can just pray for an upgrade...although the Sensation does have quite a few 1A cabins still available from what I saw on line at BPC and the better cabins are slim pickins at this point so it is quite a chance you're taking this late in the game. If the upgrade doesn't come, just snuggle really CLOSE and enjoy the challenge!! icon_biggrin.gif If it comes...well, you got a REAL deal on this cruise! icon_wink.gif

(b) the price for an OV guarantee is about $126 more than the 1A at the moment (on BPC) if snuggling CLOSE will be too much to deal with for a week. You can call and get upgraded, if that is within your budget and having beds pushed together is worth about $252 (approx. $42 per night) to you. Also...your 1A on the Sensation is about 160 sf while a 4A is a bit larger (185 sf)

If you decide of snuggle CLOSE for a week...be careful. From what I read on this board this week, it seems that getting pregnant on cruises is a dangerous side effect. icon_eek.gif

any one else out there have suggestions or options?? icon_confused.gif

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

were you already assigned a 1A cabin? If you have not been assigned yet, don't worry. You'll most likely get a 4A or more.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!

Adventure 9/03....Review!!

Voyager 9/04

Email....Cruisinfanatic@AOL.COM

Personally if not having bunkbeds is important to you, I would pay the difference and book a 4A cabin. There's no guarantee that you will be upgraded. icon_smile.gif

Atom.gif

Next Cruise! Miracle 2/13/05

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory Hounds I, Conquestadors

Archived