Speciality Dining Package? For kids?

ctnurse

I will be making reservations for our upcoming cruise in a few weeks and want to make  dining reservations for my family.  DH and I have the  SDP as one of our perks, and we will purchase a package for our son, 15, but not for our 6 year old that eats like a bird, and is perfectly happy eating from the kids menu.  Will I be able to make, and not be charged for our daughter since she will be eating off the kids menu?  Do I need to purchase the package for my son before I make the reservations?  

13 minutes ago, ctnurse said:

I will be making reservations for our upcoming cruise in a few weeks and want to make  dining reservations for my family.  DH and I have the  SDP as one of our perks, and we will purchase a package for our son, 15, but not for our 6 year old that eats like a bird, and is perfectly happy eating from the kids menu.  Will I be able to make, and not be charged for our daughter since she will be eating off the kids menu?  Do I need to purchase the package for my son before I make the reservations?  

There are several situations that can alter the answer to your questions.  So first, depends on which restaurants! (See Terms and Conditions post below!  Next, you should NOT have to buy anything for your daughter "IF" the standard child's menu will work for her (I'm sorry I have no further info about that).  If you are going to any restaurants that are "Cover Charge" vs "Ala Carte", then you would want to book "Ala Carte" restaurants first, and "Cover Charge" last. (The system does not know what to charge for Ala Carte!)  When you purchase your son's package also might be determined by the above... up to you!!!

I hope this helps...

Capture.PNG

10 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

There are several situations that can alter the answer to your questions.  So first, depends on which restaurants! (See Terms and Conditions post below!  Next, you should NOT have to buy anything for your daughter "IF" the standard child's menu will work for her (I'm sorry I have no further info about that).  If you are going to any restaurants that are "Cover Charge" vs "Ala Carte", then you would want to book "Ala Carte" restaurants first, and "Cover Charge" last. (The system does not know what to charge for Ala Carte!)  When you purchase your son's package also might be determined by the above... up to you!!!

I hope this helps...

Capture.PNG

Thank you for this.  If I buy my son a package before I make the reservations, will I be able to make a reservation for four without any extra charge for my daughter, who will not have a package?  We have a 5 dinner package and will be booking each of the 5 restaurants on The Jade.  Will the  order of the  ala carte or cover charge  still matter? 

44 minutes ago, ctnurse said:

You can make reservations for your entire party without getting charged. If you are eating at Teppanyaki or Moderno, make those reservations first. 

image.thumb.png.507b5ceeb596393b46f41ceeba92813e.png

Edited by BirdTravels

As long as the person making the reservations has the package then there is no charge whilst booking, regardless of the number of people you are booking for.

For example, I have made bookings for three of us on our upcoming cruise with no upfront charge despite only having purchased the dining package for myself so far, so I can use OBC for the other two packages.

• Like 1

I am sorry that I was not more clear about the purchase of a package prior to cruise.  Knowing that you have the Jade booked helps me answer a little more clearly, because there are fewer restaurant choices to muddle things up.  I suggest you first need to know which restaurants are important to you!  If you are booking all Ala Carte restaurants, it won't matter what you book, nor when you purchase a package for your son. If you want all "For a Fee" restaurants, then pre-purchase the package for your son!

As for your daughter, IF (only IF) she is ordering from a child's menu (I understand it is "typical" standard kid's food.. nuggets and such type menu), her meal will be free of charge.  And, yes, with the above criteria in mind, you book reservation for four people.

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

As long as the person making the reservations has the package then there is no charge whilst booking, regardless of the number of people you are booking for.

For example, I have made bookings for three of us on our upcoming cruise with no upfront charge despite only having purchased the dining package for myself so far, so I can use OBC for the other two packages.

^^^ Great answer!!!^^^  I was trying to remember what you had posted previously, but I'm sure I just muddled it up.  I thank you for clarifying this matter!!!

15 minutes ago, ctnurse said:

We have a 5 dinner package and will be booking each of the 5 restaurants on The Jade.  Will the  order of the  ala carte or cover charge  still matter? 

The order doesn’t make any difference in this case.

It only matters if you are booking more meals than you have dining credits for.

Edited by KeithJenner

Last Aug. we had the package and 2 choices as platinum. We booked each with our grandson then 8 yrs. but we paid for him at 4 of our choices and he ate from the kids menu at the other 2 because that was what he wanted at the time. We had no issues booking 3 of us and getting charged for him at venues.

• Like 1

We got a 5 plan for our 15 yo DD last cruise so it matched up to our 3 meal plan and two platinum meals.  We also had grandpa who only had 3 plan. No problem with reservations as everything was booked under my account.  Saves money to buy it early.  Our daughter really enjoyed the package and requested that we do it again this summer.  She also participated in where to eat and gave her more input to the vacation.