time for taxi pick-up at end of cruise in civitavecchia

cruiselove87

If the ship is docking at 6 am and you have to go through the disembarkation process at the end of the cruise, what time is the latest you think you could get off the ship and how long would it take to get through customs, retrieving luggage, etc. Trying to plan to tell time for taxi pick-up. We are in no rush.

Edited by cruiselove87

The cruise line will want you off by 9:30, give or take. This is true in 99% of the disembarking ports, and across the vast majority of cruise lines. 10am at the absolute latest. They need to turn the ship around for the next cruise and set of pax.

In Civi it is unlikely you would go through Customs.  Immigration takes longer, but, depending on your previous ports, there could be little or Immigration or Customs procedures. Please learn the difference in those two activities. Immigration is about your ability, as a person, to enter a country. Customs is about the ability of your property and possessions to enter a country. Two separate things. 

Have your ride arrive at 9:30 or 10.

• 2 weeks later...

The last time I arrived back in Civi heading to FCO for a flight out, I arranged a pickup for 7am.  We walked off with our bags and were through Immigration in time to make the 7am pickup.  We actually had a few minutes to spare.  If you don't need to be at the airport too early then I would suggest the same as CruiserBruce has recommended.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you walk off with your bags do you need to leave in the first group?  I want to book a transfer for around 9:30. My flight isn’t until 1:30. Would I be able to keep my bags and leave the ship around 8:45 to meet up with my transfer?

Check with your specific cruise line to see what’s the latest they’ll let you stay onboard. Also, your itinerary will determine what customs and immigration procedures will be required. If you’ll be on an itinerary that stops only in countries in the Shengen Area, chances are that you won’t be going through customs.

When we sailed on MSC last November (round trip sailing) we walked right off the ship with all other in transit passengers. No customs or immigration requirements. They allowed passengers with late flights to stay onboard until 2:00pm although I don’t recall if they were allowed to stay in their staterooms. We left early because we had an 11:25am flight. For reasons that were never explained to us, our arrival time was changed from 7:00am to 8:00am which made me worry about making our flight. But we didn’t have anything to worry about. We made it to the the airport with plenty of time.

We had pre-paid for transportation arrangements with a 7:00am pickup time through Rome Cabs. They were waiting for us when we finally walked off the ship at 8:15am. Great service! 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mh5678 said:

If you walk off with your bags do you need to leave in the first group?  I want to book a transfer for around 9:30. My flight isn’t until 1:30. Would I be able to keep my bags and leave the ship around 8:45 to meet up with my transfer?

which cruiseline are you on?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 10:05 PM, Tapi said:

We had pre-paid for transportation arrangements with a 7:00am pickup time through Rome Cabs. They were waiting for us when we finally walked off the ship at 8:15am. Great service! 

I am happy to read this.  Rome Cabs will be picking us up as well, I like that they wait if the ship has a delayed debarkation!  I'll keep their info handy should there be a change at any point.