Great Stirrup Cay Map/Cabana price

Tminish

I posted this in the Bahamas section but I didn't get a response only views. Hopefully by me posting here I can get some help. If you have recently visited GSC, do you have a copy of the map they give you? Or do they even give a map anymore?? I know that the island has gone through some renovations but I haven't been in about 5 years. I'm scheduled to go in October and would like to take a look at it to get an idea of the cabanas, food, bars, etc. You can send it to my email tminish85 @ yahoo . com or upload them here. Updated pictures would be super great too! :)

Also, if you've been recently or currently have a cruise booked with GSC on your itinerary what is the cost of the small cabana? I know from the information online it states that the price will vary depending on ship and sail date. I'm just trying to get an idea. It currently shows $315 on the website but since I don't cruise until October it hasn't came up on the excursion list yet. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Tminish

We just sailed Epic last week and were lucky enough to make it to the island (the few cruises before us couldn't tender the boats because of rough seas...?). In any case, I was surprised that they didn't give out maps of GSC. We have been to other cruise line private islands, and usually they hand out maps. Luckily, the signs around the island and the people working there were helpful in making our way around. Also, we met a group that rented a cabana and I believe they said it was around $300, so the $315 price on the website sounds correct.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

I just did a search here on CruiseCritic, and wonder if this is what you are looking for when it comes to a map of GSC?

705561661_MapofGreatStirrupCaye.jpg.456e578dc32bca74df12cb7aec35afe8.jpg

Thank you...I did not search the Norwegian Cruise Line forums...I searched the Bahamas. Yes, this is what I was looking for. I don't recall seeing this anywhere. Thanks so much for your time..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smd8z said:

We just sailed Epic last week and were lucky enough to make it to the island (the few cruises before us couldn't tender the boats because of rough seas...?). In any case, I was surprised that they didn't give out maps of GSC. We have been to other cruise line private islands, and usually they hand out maps. Luckily, the signs around the island and the people working there were helpful in making our way around. Also, we met a group that rented a cabana and I believe they said it was around $300, so the $315 price on the website sounds correct.

Thank you so much for responding. It's greatly appreciated. I feel like the maps while on the island is super helpful but I guess the signs are too. :)

I got on a roll call of someone leaving soon (March 24th) and they said the small cabanas are $505ish or something in the $500's. They were sailing on Breakaway.

Again, thanks a lot for your response. I hope you have a great day.

We paid aprox. $375 for a small cabana. That included $50 food credit (basic food

is included but this is for things like shrimp cocktail). Also included were floating mats,

bottles of water and a few other things I can't remember. If you have the $50 shore

ex perk that can be applied. We felt it was worth it.

1 hour ago, BeachyBoo said:

I’m on a May 2019 cruise on the Breakaway and the small cabanas are showing $575 and large is $625. imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377

597C5E68-628F-465D-AE20-15F81A0C635C.png

C416BA87-809A-4183-8D00-95DD80EFD4AD.png

Goodness...$575 is a bit much (for me) I'd probably pay at the most $350ish lol hopefully the price decreases for October. I had one a few years back but it was split between 4 adults so it didn't make it that bad. I don't even know what we paid back then. Thanks so much for taking time to post.  

1 hour ago, Peachypooh said:

We paid aprox. $375 for a small cabana. That included $50 food credit (basic food

is included but this is for things like shrimp cocktail). Also included were floating mats,

bottles of water and a few other things I can't remember. If you have the $50 shore

ex perk that can be applied. We felt it was worth it.

Thanks so much for responding! I remember when we rented one a few years back they gave you the food credit too. For $315-$375 it's pretty much worth it to me. For $575 I don't believe so. Lol. We loved having one. They had sodas in a can too I believe. If I remember correctly.

Again, thanks so much for posting. I'm just trying to prepare for when October comes. :)

• Like 1

Has NCL provided any recent updates on the construction at GSC - feels like it's been radio silence..RCCL is turning their nearby island into an amusement park and managed to get things done much quicker...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kenns said:

Has NCL provided any recent updates on the construction at GSC - feels like it's been radio silence..RCCL is turning their nearby island into an amusement park and managed to get things done much quicker...

I have not seen any updates for GSC...I agree with you...It's definitely been silent.