X App and Live Chat

SFLcowboy78

I was reading on the X website that the mobile app supports live chat between passengers on the ship. Has anyone used this feature yet, more specifically used it on the Millie? I am asking to see if this is a feature that is being rolled out to the whole fleet as they complete their "Edgeafacation". We have a cruise coming up in November on the Summit which is still in drydock and will be a group of 10 people. If this works (unlike the X website) I feel this will be a great way to keep in touch with the members of our group. 

• 1 month later...

We recently cruised on the Constellation and the chat feature is available is available on the app. You do not need an internet package to use the feature, just have your phone connected to the onboard WiFi. I loved the feature, as I was able to stay in touch with my spouse while we did different activities on board. The only issue for iOS users is that there is no audible notification that you received a chat message; according to the Michael's Club concierge, this feature is in place for Android users. I asked - in my feedback at the end of the cruise - for the message arrival notification feature to be added for iOS phones.

Edited by tjunmin
Typo

On 3/21/2019 at 2:24 PM, SFLcowboy78 said:

I was reading on the X website that the mobile app supports live chat between passengers on the ship. Has anyone used this feature yet, more specifically used it on the Millie? I am asking to see if this is a feature that is being rolled out to the whole fleet as they complete their "Edgeafacation". We have a cruise coming up in November on the Summit which is still in drydock and will be a group of 10 people. If this works (unlike the X website) I feel this will be a great way to keep in touch with the members of our group. 

According to this thread it does not appear to be available on the Millie.