the halifax harbour hopper

this sounds like a fun way to see the city and other parts of halifax. can someone tell me if i can get off the ship and go to their location and get on a tour? i am not booking tours this trip before hand, just winging it :D .

thanks for any help

Yes you can walk easily to where the HarbourHopper is BUT they hold out a certain number for ship tour passengers so get town there ASAP to see if they have any spots left.... we didn't book ahead of time because we did another independent city tour but IMHO this is one you should try to book ahead... you may get on the day you are there but you may not.

thanks for the tip caroline.

i am going solo and it sounds like a fun thing to do. im trying to do things on my own and not through the ship in the ports-- boston/portland/sydney and halifax. but i might make a reservation before hand for a seat for this. i also want to go to the louisbourgh fortress but have decided not to do it through the ship and get there on my own in sydney so i can spend more time there and be at my leisure for looking around. searching farther back here on the ports thead i have found out that there will be plenty of taxis to get me out there on my own and bring me back to town. this board is the best ;) .

i am still a little confused on '' the time difference '' issue. when we dock is the ship time the same as the canadian ports or are we a hour behind their time??. can you let me know about this?? thanks.

i cant wait to go and it will be a long spring and summer untill then :)

Hi again music: When we were on the Canada/New England cruise in 2001 all stops were by Canadian port time. In other words everytime we went into a different time zone the ship changed too.

I also highly recommend the halifax water hopper. We took our tour from the ship and the first part was a tour of the city, the balance was on the Halifax water. A great tour.

marilyn

Hi again music: When we were on the Canada/New England cruise in 2001 all stops were by Canadian port time. In other words everytime we went into a different time zone the ship changed too.

I also highly recommend the halifax water hopper. We took our tour from the ship and the first part was a tour of the city, the balance was on the Halifax water. A great tour.

marilyn

hi marilyn, we meet again :) . thanks for letting me know about the times. it will help in setting up any tours for me. and the hopper does sound like fun. talk too you again here on the boards soon i hope ;)

Archived