Waterproof bed covers available?

JennKach

I have an adult family member with early dementia that occasionally has incontinence at night.  She will wear a pad or diaper at night, but as a backup, do cruise lines provide waterproof bed covers or should we bring one for her?  We haven't decided on which cruise yet, but most likely will be Carnival, RC, or NCL due to port locations.

If you are taking your own cover, have you given any thought to how are you going to clean and dry the cover?

My son is incontinent and uses nappies. When we cruise we use  Disposable Incontinence Bed Sheets to protect the bed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G0ZBR1Y?aaxitk=6eujUO.BZ5YvdUXPSudY2Q&pd_rd_i=B01G0ZBR1Y&pf_rd_p=b6d36b18-d68e-4083-ae5d-154f0b82c184&hsa_cr_id=9269759790602&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=Omnitex Disposable 60 x 90cm Incontinence Bed Pads - 1400ml - 2000ml Absorbing Sheets (50x Pads - Premium)

We took our own large sized disposable bed pads (Chux) when I traveled with my mother. If soiled, I wrapped them in a plastic shopping bag (took those with us) and left bagged next to the trash in the bathroom for the steward to dispose of (in addition to any briefs). Certainly did not expect them to deal with these pads when making up the beds. Occasionally we had extra pads left at the end of our cruise, and rather than lugging them home, we donated them to the ship's hospital, which was always happy to take them off our hands.

3 hours ago, Splinter said:

We took our own large sized disposable bed pads (Chux) when I traveled with my mother. If soiled, I wrapped them in a plastic shopping bag (took those with us) and left bagged next to the trash in the bathroom for the steward to dispose of (in addition to any briefs). Certainly did not expect them to deal with these pads when making up the beds. Occasionally we had extra pads left at the end of our cruise, and rather than lugging them home, we donated them to the ship's hospital, which was always happy to take them off our hands.

We always take bags with us, for the Disposable Bed Sheets and the nappies, as we feel the same. The cabin steward has enough work with out having to handle dirty/wet incontinent pads.