Best way for Haven and non-Haven guest stay together at check in?

teeredi2cruise

How big is your party? Sometimes you can arrange to check in together, if the number of non-Haven guests with you is small. It’s really up to the concierge. But, there’s no guarantee. Extra, non-Haven guests in the seating area can take away seating and amenities from Haven guests if it’s already crowded.

At the port in Orlando, I was a Haven passenger and my sister was not.  They were very gracious and took her to the front of the priority line to check in (she did not check in in the Haven area) and let her sit with us in the Haven waiting area.  The concierge allowed her to stay with us for boarding and we paid for her to have lunch with us in the Haven area once onboard.  YMMV depending on the size of your group.

If the non Haven guests are a small party you might be lucky. I would request it with the concierge prior to your cruise so they can pre approve it. I did it that way when I stayed in the haven with my family and my sister and husband were non haven guests. They checked in and then joined us in the haven waiting room as they were on the list the employee had. I did see a family try and do it that day and were denied. This was at the NY Pier. Hope this helps. We didn't eat in the haven restraurant when we boarded. We instead went to the buffet as I felt uncomfortable even bringing them in even though they would be paying for their lunch. 

• 4 weeks later...

Update: 

Just thought I would post an update to our request. Our request to have our family stay together was denied through the Concierge. This is for a sailing out of the Port of Barcelona. It was stated in the reason that this Port Haven area is too small to accommodate our request. YMMV in this or another departure port, but just updating our experience and feedback for future cruisers.

Safe Travels!  

• Thanks 1

Although we were in Miami and not Barcelona this is what we did - DH and I checked in and then we just headed over to the general boarding check in and waited with the rest of our group.  Yes we missed the special boarding for Haven guests but we went through the excitement of boarding and the pre-boarding pictures together and it was worth it...especially because some were first time cruisers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSUmom said:

Although we were in Miami and not Barcelona this is what we did - DH and I checked in and then we just headed over to the general boarding check in and waited with the rest of our group.  Yes we missed the special boarding for Haven guests but we went through the excitement of boarding and the pre-boarding pictures together and it was worth it...especially because some were first time cruisers.  

Most wouldn’t think of this very obvious solution for those who want to stay together.  Thanks for sharing!

We made the request for Seward and the response was:

Unfortunately, all guests cannot check-in together as the designated area for suite guests is small and this takes away from the exclusivity for the other suite guests. Also, the keycards for your family will be in a different area.