Radiance/Alaska

m41475

Are children allowed to use the solarium pool while this ship is in AK for designated times ? In Australia/New Zealand there were no children allowed at all but I seem to remember while in AK there were certain time periods allowed. Thanks for your help.

1 minute ago, m41475 said:

Are children allowed to use the solarium pool while this ship is in AK for designated times ? In Australia/New Zealand there were no children allowed at all but I seem to remember while in AK there were certain time periods allowed. Thanks for your help.

Yes, when it is too cold to use the outside pools, they let children use the Solarium pool for a few hours.  I don't know the actual time period(s) for which children are allowed.

Yes, family swim time is allowed in the Solarium. Times are posted in the Cruise Compass. At least this was the case in August 2018 when we sailed. I think there were a couple of hours in the morning and a couple again in the late afternoon/early evening. I don't think it was open like that on port days, but we were always getting of the ship for excursions, so I didn't pay attention to that part.

6 hours ago, Kelli0927 said:

I don't know this for sure,  but I've read that they allow "family time" in the solarium from 2-4 each day.  I'm hoping this is true because our son loves to swim and we will be on radiance to alaska in June. 

Kelli0927 when in June? We are sailing on 6/14/19.  I do know on one Radiance class ship it was raining and the kids were allowed for a few hours in the Solarium.

Edited by jrmende63

On our AK cruise last year, the main pool was heated and people were swimming in it, so you may not need to use Solarium pool.  I think even the pool up in Adventure Beach was open - the slide was closed for the entire cruise, but seem to remember the pool being open and some kids in there too.  

• Like 1