Priority boarding (suites)

johnnebz

Just now, Citykitty21 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a first time cruiser.  What is FTTF?  I am cruising Princess, and wanted to get priority boarding.

Faster to the Fun.  Listed under shore excursions for the home port of your cruise.  It is essentially a perk package that cuts down on some waiting in lines. 

2 hours ago, Citykitty21 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a first time cruiser.  What is FTTF?  I am cruising Princess, and wanted to get priority boarding.

Here's the info on it from the Carnival site.  I'm sorry I didn't go into detail to answer your question earlier, I was away from my computer and can't figure out how to copy and paste from websites on my phone.:classic_blush:  I hope this helps.  Oh, and Welcome to CruiseCritic!:classic_smile:

Keep in mind though, FTTF is only available on Carnival cruises, not Princess.

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding
The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom
Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage
Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services
You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations
Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Water Shuttle Priority
You will have the option to choose a priority water shuttle from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation
We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

NOTES

• The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. 
  • Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.
  • Space is Limited.
  • After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents.  Have FUN!

3 hours ago, Citykitty21 said:

Keep in mind FTTF is an option on Carnival Cruises, not Princess. 

18 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Keep in mind FTTF is an option on Carnival Cruises, not Princess. 

I know it's kinda embedded in a big post, but I already said that.  With almost the exact same wording, in fact:

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

Here's the info on it from the Carnival site.  I'm sorry I didn't go into detail to answer your question earlier, I was away from my computer and can't figure out how to copy and paste from websites on my phone.:classic_blush:  I hope this helps.  Oh, and Welcome to CruiseCritic!:classic_smile:

Keep in mind though, FTTF is only available on Carnival cruises, not Princess.

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding
The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom
Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage
Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services
You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations
Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Water Shuttle Priority
You will have the option to choose a priority water shuttle from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation
We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

NOTES

• The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. 
  • Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.
  • Space is Limited.
  • After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents.  Have FUN!

10 hours ago, Toesinthewater728 said:

Seemed like good thread in which to ask the following:

If my room is a suite but our traveling companions room is not, is there a downside to waiting to enter with them? Are we some how “penalized” for not being ready to board before zone 1?

There is no "penalties" for waiting and boarding with your traveling companions.  Many people do it.  You will have to wait in the general waiting area instead of the dedicated area for Platinum/Diamonds though.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 4:14 PM, hotsauce126 said:

How often are you guys going to guest services? I've been once in 6 cruises to contest a drink that I didn't order on my account

We go as soon as we board so we can get a fan. 

On 4/9/2019 at 6:48 AM, RWolver672 said:

If memory serves me correctly, there are certain cruises such as a Journey's cruise, and/or where there are so many P/Ds that there is no way that they can get all of the cabins ready before 1:00 so they won't let anyone in until that time.

That hasn’t been my experience. I have been on several cruises where they told us in the priority lounge that they couldn’t guarantee cabins would be ready for everyone due to the number of Diamonds and Platinums. However, they have always said we were free to go to our cabins as soon as we boarded to drop off luggage in our cabins.