Captains Cunard

Saratoga2705

Well I could have said that.  As a seasoned Customer/Cunarder  why don't 'we' respect what the company (and family members of these officers)   would  prefer,  No unnecessary  information on social media.   

I agree with you, I  don't expect this has anything to do with the operational security to a ship.  I believe this came about more as request from these officers  and probably their wives  ( who from time to time accompany them )    I expect they didn't want their own personal security  (eg homes, property etc) exposed all over social media whilst they are away for months on end. ? 

3 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

I agree with you, I  don't expect this has anything to do with the operational security to a ship.  I believe this came about more as request from these officers  and probably their wives  ( who from time to time accompany them )    I expect they didn't want their own personal security  (eg homes, property etc) exposed all over social media whilst they are away for months on end. ? 

Mentioning who the present Captain or staff are on board in no way breaches any security or safety.  Only their friends know were they live,  (unless they themselves post pictures of outside their own homes then I would agree, as addresses then can be found !)  This is a cruise forum after all. You will be asking  passengers to stop taking Pictures with Captains and the rest on board next and posting,  together with any Blogs people do whilst on board.    

Edited by Pennbank