Robes

cole'snana

56 minutes ago, Griller said:

yes seriously, me too, I gave up on them  as I really want robes where left and right sides  at least more or less meet in the front

Come on folks .... the new ones are really big!  Actually, too big for me.  Better too big than too small.  :classic_wink:

On 3/25/2019 at 11:24 AM, Thrak said:

I don't bother. As far as I could tell the robes came in Small, Extra Small, and Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie.

True!

If you are of average size or less you can have a robe . If you are larger than a cabin steward you are out of luck. 

The robes are a JOKE, all the cruises/ships we've been on the robes have never fit, plain and simple. The sleeves only come down to my mid forearm and the shoulders are for someone who wears small or smaller sizes. FYI, I'm only 6' tall and under 200 lbs.

The OP doesn’t mention what level of cabin they are in.  All guests in all cabins are given a robe uppon request.

Full suite (sorry not mini suites) should have an upgraded shawl collar terry robe according to currant literature on Princess.com.   Unfortunately this has not been the case fot the last 2 years in my experience.   

I’ve brought this to Princess’  attention and received additional OBC for my next cruise in a full suite but not an upgraded robe as they simply do not exist anymore.  

Here’s a picture from Feb 14, 2019 of the robe in a full suite on Ruby. 

04AA0F84-7837-4FD4-8579-668D370AFF75.jpeg

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

This falls far short of the robe you should get 

image.jpg

Are you Elite?    Why didn’t you get the thick terry cloth light blue robe?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

8 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

This falls far short of the robe you should get 

image.jpg

This is the robe DH received when he did the Ship's Tour several years ago.  

More recently, I bought a waffle weave one for myself... that I wish would shrink!

Last fall I noticed the ship's shop was selling stretchy terry robes. The robes we had in the cabin (Elite) were none of the above, they were regular terry cloth. Those are the type that shrink... and they actually fit!

Haven't seen blue ones but haven't booked a suite so maybe that's why.

Edited by Adventures ahead

What SHOULD you receive in Club Class with its  “Upgraded terry shawl bathrobe” 

Or is it no longer included?

Club Class Mini-Suites feature a host of upgraded services and amenities including:
• Premium stateroom location
• Exclusive Club Class Dining
• Priority embarkation & disembarkation at the beginning and end of your cruise
• The Princess Luxury Bed
• Complimentary one-time wine set-up on embarkation day, 1/2 bottle of red and 1/2 bottle of white • Priority specialty dining reservations
• Complimentary premium evening canapés upon request
• Upgraded terry shawl bathrobe

Edited by Lov1ngLife

20 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Are you Elite?    Why didn’t you get the thick terry cloth light blue robe?

Hello

Yes I am elite as well as almost always cruising in a full suite. I am not aware that elite status had an upgraded robe as a perk.  I’ve never seen a blue robe. 

The full suites are supposed to get a shawl collared, terry robe that is an upgrade from the regular robes. Around 2 years ago Princess stopped supplying them. The suite managers on the Grand, Island and Ruby have all told me that Princess discontinued the nice robe and now everyone gets the lightweight first robe I pictured. 

I finally got annoyed enough to email customer  relations about it since the website and even the book onboard in your suite listing your benefits still say and show pictures of this nicer robe. And they have put so much money into creating this great space..... beds, linens, the new Sleep Kit, the dream pillow and pillow menu...but you get this scruffy robe made out of fabric that literally makes my skin crawl?

The nice gentleman who phoned me did not know about this change and assured me he would make sure I had them for our upcoming Alaska cruise. I said “Great! How will you do that?” He said he would buy them for us. I said “Great! Then you’ll have them sent to the ship?” He said there’d be a voucher in our stateroom and we would use it to get them in the gift shop. To this I had to laugh.  

I told him these robes are no where to be had on any princess ship...not even the gift shop. He couldn’t believe it but sure enough when he tried to buy them for us he said I was right and he wasn’t able to. 

He he asked if he get back to me. The next day he did and said these robes were discontinued  because didn’t hold up well after washing.  I’ve had the ones I bought over two years ago and use them daily, washing them often and they look great. Of course this is not a good measure of how they hold up in Princess’ laundry.  

Anyway supposedly they they are working on a replacement and he gave us each $100 non refundable OBC. I still would rather have the robe!  

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel