Beach Limerz not available - other options?

cruisin' soon

We had decided on spending the day at Beach Limerz based on all the great reviews here, but after contacting Gail I found out they are closed for renovations while we are there.  Is there anything else similar that I could check into?  We would like a relaxed beach day near a restaurant/bar with chairs/umbrellas to rent and a pretty beach to swim at!  Pay as you go or all inclusive - either one.

Thanks!

On 3/25/2019 at 11:57 AM, cruisin' soon said:

We had decided on spending the day at Beach Limerz based on all the great reviews here, but after contacting Gail I found out they are closed for renovations while we are there.  Is there anything else similar that I could check into?  We would like a relaxed beach day near a restaurant/bar with chairs/umbrellas to rent and a pretty beach to swim at!  Pay as you go or all inclusive - either one.

Thanks!

Turner's Beach is a great option just down the road from Beach Limerz, nice beach bar, great beach and you can rent palapas and chairs. We drove by Beach Limerz it wasn't open when we were there. Darkwood is another option it's before Beach Limerz, and Valley Church is another option. 

If you want to make a day of it go over to Long Bay, its a drive but it's nice over there. Great beach, decent little beach bar, water is wonderful, excellent views, and vibe is super laid back. Great beach to walk on, it's a nice place. Hope that helps Todd

1 hour ago, cruisin' soon said:

Thank you!

Your welcome.

Darkwood, Valley Church, Beach Limerz and Turner's, all the exact same bay and on the same road. I think in that order too, Turner's is at the end a bit more quiet. If I was going to spend my day at 1 of these beaches with the exception of Beach Limerz because it will be closed, I would go to Turner's. It's new, easy parking, nice beach bar, the "aquapark" at Darkwood Beach didn't do much for me.:classic_wacko: 

I'm obviously missing something, I continue to remain astonished as to why someone would put a cheesy inflatable contraption at the beginning of what is one of the most picturesque area's of the planet. Let's just hope it's temporary!! 

Anyone of the beaches mentioned, walk out to the water look to your left at about 10 o'clock, the island with the large smoke and steam cloud coming from it, its Montserrat cant miss it, you'll see it. 

Have a great time.

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

Darkwood, Valley Church, Beach Limerz and Turner's, all the exact same bay and on the same road. I think in that order too.

Not quite.  Beach Limerz is north of St. John's, north of the port, right next to Fort James.  The others are all south of Jolly Beach with Turner's furthest south.

37 minutes ago, Fairgarth said:

Not quite.  Beach Limerz is north of St. John's, north of the port, right next to Fort James.  The others are all south of Jolly Beach with Turner's furthest south.

Yes!! That's it I kinda knew I was close, we drove by there a few months ago and I was trying to get my bearings right.

I remember when Turner's was kinda nothing, it's nice and quiet down there. Beach was beautiful, I think if I stay on the west side of the island from now on I'm going back to that beach. You can easily spend the whole day at Turner's and really never have to go anywhere else. Sometime's that's not the case. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had booked Beach Limerz in February and it I found out the morning we arrived it was closed for repairs, ended up going to Darkwood Beach.  We enjoyed ourselves, we were far from the inflatables, the beach was very quiet and we had great service. Would go back again