Question:Free WiFi minutes and Social Media

DeanDeeDee

I have purchased the Social Media plan for my upcoming cruise on the Bliss.  I also have 30 minutes of WiFi as a Platinum benefit which I would like to use at the end of my cruise to download boarding passes.  Are there separate accesses for both of them, or will I be using up my 30 minutes once I make a post on Facebook?

Even with the same account log-in for the same cabin or stateroom, each package (should be) is listed separately and you click/select to activate & use it.  The Platinum minutes is a standalone, it isn't combined or co-mingled, just remember to type in - on your mobile/laptop browser - logoff.com to sign out & stop the meter and type login.com to use your WiFi inTERnet minutes, whether it is to browse email, news or use other apps.  All of these are fairly easy & user-friendly DIY, self-activated without needing a trip to the iCafe and stand in line to speak to the iCafe manager on duty.  There are printed handout guides at the desk on "how-to" that answer most questions, and you will have plenty of time to ask on how to use those 30 or 60 minutes on the last day ... just expect net traffic to be heavy & slower as many others will be hitting the satellite links to reach the airline websites, etc.

Posting to FB should work within the social media plan and not trigger or deducting against your 30 minutes.  The iCafe manager can access your login and logout histories onboard & adjust/credit back in case of an error, at her/his discretion.  For a faster connection, turn off & disable background updates & cloud uploads, etc. as those "could" continue to run & quickly use up your available minutes, be sure to logout & when you see the "meter" popping up, you are properly signed out.  

Screenshot_20190119-235644.png

IMG_20181102_142051738.jpg