Help with Fitbit on Cruise

sp29488

I'll be using my fitbit as my watch on my upcoming cruise.  Is there a way to keep it from changing time?  I want to keep it on ship's time.  Hope I'm making sense. :)  Thanks in advance for the help. 

1 minute ago, sp29488 said:

I'll be using my fitbit as my watch on my upcoming cruise.  Is there a way to keep it from changing time?  I want to keep it on ship's time.  Hope I'm making sense. :)  Thanks in advance for the help. 

Not sure which model you have, but mine pulls right from my phone so you can't change it. It links to your phone's time, so I mean if the ship time/phone time is the same when you leave port (assuming you then shut off your phone and dont have wifi) it should keep ship time during the cruise.

1 minute ago, elcuchio24 said:

Not sure which model you have, but mine pulls right from my phone so you can't change it. It links to your phone's time, so I mean if the ship time/phone time is the same when you leave port (assuming you then shut off your phone and dont have wifi) it should keep ship time during the cruise.

I have the Charge 2.  I will be using the Carnival Hubb app for just the free stuff.  

yeah, it pulls from your phone, so as long as you don't get off ship and turn on location function it will keep ships time....but it will not be able to do all updates either, for daily totals.  It drove me crazy one cruise, as it would give me step total and miles, etc, but not activity numbers.  I finally figured it out when we were in port and took phone off "airplane mode".  Bing bing bing, updates rolled in, but then I was suddenly on local time, too.  

4 minutes ago, sp29488 said:

I have the Charge 2.  I will be using the Carnival Hubb app for just the free stuff.  

Yep, so it will stick to whatever time is on your phone when you shut it down/turn off wifi. As long as thats the time the ship keeps, your good. If they change the time during the voyage, then you'll be an our back/ahead :-)

If you have an iPhone:

- There's an option under SETTINGS to MANUALLY SET the timezone for your phone. You can (and should) make your phone conform to whatever time zone you decide.  

Settings/General/Date & Time/ ---> UNCHECK "set automatically" and pick a time zone (eg, New York) 

- Now when you synch with your FitBit, your phone won't change it's time. 

The only problem you will have is your FitBit app trying to upload your date to the cloud (the website), you'll get the red banner that says "Connect to the Internet to View Historical Data."  Mine won't synch between the phone and the FitBit at all unless it has a wifi or cellular connection to the host server.  

On 3/26/2019 at 12:41 PM, Ducman said:

Actually, In the FitBit app, under settings -> Advanced Settings, you can set the time zone and whether it uses that Automatic Time zone settings from the phone.

for myself i have found the above to be only partialy correct, in that for me it does not work using the app, I actual have to login to the web site and go to settings there for the change to actualy work.  Turn off auto time zone and also select the zone that you wish to use and you fitbit will stay on that time zone.

I remember to set it before boarding the ship, only time i had a problem was when the Captain changed ships time the first night out.

has been the same for my charge HR, Charge 2 and Blaze.