Wine tasting in Santorini

vinonme2

We will be on a cruise and in Santorini on May 7. I know there are multiple small wineries inland but does anyone know of winery we can go to for a tasting that is walkable from either Oia or Fira?  

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, vinonme2 said:

We will be on a cruise and in Santorini on May 7. I know there are multiple small wineries inland but does anyone know of winery we can go to for a tasting that is walkable from either Oia or Fira?  

Thanks!

I don’t know about walkable, but we are going to Santo Winery from Fira in Septrmber and it is only an eight minute 4 km distance. I would think a reasonable taxi ride.

17DBABC5-41A4-480C-B6BD-88740E3E1D4C.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

We hired a car and visited the Santo winery as part of out tour round the island. It is a very nice place with spectacular views over the caldera.

Hello,

Do you have to make reservations?

Thanks.

Angela

We just popped in during the afternoon after visiting Oia for lunch. The views if the ships in the caldera is amazing.  If you know when you want to visit, you could email them for info as they do weddings and probably wouldn't allow access when a wedding is taking place.

• Like 1

Hi All,

A while back I had googled wineries around Fira and had seen Santo Winery amongst about 15 others. I've emailed them but never gotten a response and will try again today.  I'll be there on a Tuesday so I'm thinking chances should be good that they won't have a wedding or private function going on.

Gloria

• Like 1

Hi again,

I finally was able to get thru to Santo Winery and was told they do require reservations. SO, I tried to make a reservation on their on-line form and it was not going thru. I went to their main page and on the bottom right corner is a "Chat" box. I got on that and was able to get more information with another way to make a reservation. I tried that and that also would not go thru. I "chatted" again and was then told that their system was not accepting reservations past 3/31 until April 1.  

SO, I'll be trying again next week and just wanted to give a heads up on what I was told. 

Gloria

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinonme2 said:

Hi again,

I finally was able to get thru to Santo Winery and was told they do require reservations. SO, I tried to make a reservation on their on-line form and it was not going thru. I went to their main page and on the bottom right corner is a "Chat" box. I got on that and was able to get more information with another way to make a reservation. I tried that and that also would not go thru. I "chatted" again and was then told that their system was not accepting reservations past 3/31 until April 1.  

SO, I'll be trying again next week and just wanted to give a heads up on what I was told. 

Gloria

Thanks Gloria! Are their prices listed?

Angela

Pricing and reservations are now available on the Santo winery website. The tastings are done as wine tasting packages and range in price, for 2 people, from  E50 to E99.    There is also a guided tour offered at E24 and a cheese platter for E24. Glass sizes are 60ml.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 1:33 AM, vinonme2 said:

No pricing was listed but I believe I saw pricing on another website that was all about the wineries in the area. If I find it, I'll post it.

Gloria

Thank you so much!

20 hours ago, vinonme2 said:

Pricing and reservations are now available on the Santo winery website. The tastings are done as wine tasting packages and range in price, for 2 people, from  E50 to E99.    There is also a guided tour offered at E24 and a cheese platter for E24. Glass sizes are 60ml.

That must be some wine!

• Like 1

The 67E flight is 6 glasses, each 60 ml. It also includes "local foods" pairings.

The 71E flight is 10 glasses, - no food

There is a 99E flight with 16 wines -no food.

There is also a cheese platter for 24E -don't know if that was the price for 2 people or 1. Wine prices above are for 2 people.

I believe 60 ml. is a tad over 2 oz. 

Gloria

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 7:51 PM, vinonme2 said:

The 67E flight is 6 glasses, each 60 ml. It also includes "local foods" pairings.

The 71E flight is 10 glasses, - no food

There is a 99E flight with 16 wines -no food.

There is also a cheese platter for 24E -don't know if that was the price for 2 people or 1. Wine prices above are for 2 people.

I believe 60 ml. is a tad over 2 oz. 

Gloria

Hello,

That sounds very good!

Thanks.

Angela

If my conversion is correct, the 60 ml. per glass times 6 glasses equals 2 glasses of wine (US style). Multiply that by 2 people and add a bit of munchies, for 24E sounds reasonable.  

I'm also interested in the cheese platter because it's all local cheeses.

I'm going to wing it and not make a reservation because I want to see the offerings and talk to the waiter before deciding on which flight, etc. to get. 

Should be a nice way to spend an hour or two!

Gloria