Pride of America - sail away balcony

sallybrown2012

Has anyone had a sail away balcony cabin?  The description says it could be "fully obstructed" - what does that mean, no view at all?  What's the advantage, then - I guess you can still sit on the balcony to get the fresh air?  Thanks for your thoughts.

• 1 month later...

I had the same question. I asked the NCL agent on the phone (after seeing the BX designation and reading the warning about obstructed views), "If I wanted to pay extra for a balcony stateroom, why in the h___ would I want an obstructed view??

A couple of days later I saw my stateroom was changed to BF and I read reviews from folks on each adjoining stateroom and they both raved about the great view. So....my blood pressure returned to normal.

A sailaway cabin of any type simply means you get no promos such as UBP/SDP etc. and NCL chooses your stateroom.  Many pax have been very pleased with the cabin NCL assigns them and others not so much. 

If you're willing to pay more, you get to choose promo. offerings and your stateroom. 

On NCL there is no "obstructed balcony" the only thing that you may get in whats called a "PrivaSea Balcony" which just has a metal frame around the edge of the balcony, but it does not block anything at all.