New Manage My Cruise Format

cellfree

On 3/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, Llamabear said:

😱 yikes!!!! Definitely not a good thing!!! Get it together Carnival!!!

On 3/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, wms99 said:

I had to call the mothership and get instructions. Here is the skinny. If you go to the login screen and login with your name and password it takes you where you don't need to be.

So instead, go to the opening Carnival page. At the bottom, where the columns of stuff are, the Already Booked column, click on Organizer Access. From there you can link multiple bookings and stuff. It's the best way now get in and do your business.

That takes you to the same stuff that "manage my booking" takes you to.  It isn't any different.  Doing business is not as easy as it was before.  Takes forever to find the place you want to be and some places you can never find.  I sent a message to them and it seems that they have had a lot of complaints.  And linking a booking to your booking, actually gives you full access to that booking.  Not good.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm in the minority here but did have any issues with the new format.

Was on Carnival site yesterday and just reading the info went right to make a payment on my cruise,  purchased cruise cash and a case of water.

All my prior purchases, including ship tour showing up with purchase dates.

I like how it shows my cabin, bed preference and dining.

I'm not the most tech savvy person at times, but just by looking and reading the first page that showed up able to navigate.

On 3/30/2019 at 2:16 PM, queenkathryn said:

That takes you to the same stuff that "manage my booking" takes you to.  It isn't any different.

I had to make edits to our travel documents, and going thru the old name passwd login page would not let me do that. Going in as they told me, thru Organizer Access let me link multiple rooms and edit our documents. It also made booking excursions for multiple rooms easier.  It's different.

On 3/30/2019 at 10:04 PM, airlink diva said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but did have any issues with the new format.

Was on Carnival site yesterday and just reading the info went right to make a payment on my cruise,  purchased cruise cash and a case of water.

All my prior purchases, including ship tour showing up with purchase dates.

I like how it shows my cabin, bed preference and dining.

I'm not the most tech savvy person at times, but just by looking and reading the first page that showed up able to navigate.

Do you have speciality dining booked?

On 4/1/2019 at 8:13 AM, carakris said:

every time I try to go into manage payments it takes me back to the main page, is anyone else having that issue can not get into manage my payments

All I know is that I tried to link other bookings of our group to let Carnival know that we are all traveling together so that we will be seated together at dinner.  But, it actually loaded their bookings onto my "manage my booking" page.  Shows me how much they paid and how much they owe, all of their private booking information, their names and dob and vifp numbers etc.  This is not right.  I called Carnival on this and they said they would remove them.  But, a week later, they are still showing on my page.

On 4/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, queenkathryn said:

All I know is that I tried to link other bookings of our group to let Carnival know that we are all traveling together so that we will be seated together at dinner.  But, it actually loaded their bookings onto my "manage my booking" page.  Shows me how much they paid and how much they owe, all of their private booking information, their names and dob and vifp numbers etc.  This is not right.  I called Carnival on this and they said they would remove them.  But, a week later, they are still showing on my page.

This is the same issue I emailed Carnival about and also John Heald. By trying to link for dining I gained FULL access to my friend's booking. John said he would bring it up to the beards and the only thing Carnival gleaned from my explanation was that I wanted to link for dining. They said to contact my agent! I booked direct with them. So let the problems fall on them. We did our part.

FYI- my friend's booking disappeared but I can bring it back anytime I want too. :classic_rolleyes:

On 3/27/2019 at 6:11 AM, Bookbug53 said:

We used the 'link another booking' option to link us with our friend for dining.

Her ENTIRE booking showed up in our cruise manager detailing her balance, monies paid, etc. You only need someone's booking number and last name to totally access their booking.  I have options to add/subtract grats, make payments, and even cancel their booking!!

I can't think this is good.

This is not new since changing the format.  We travel with friends & always link the bookings.  For us, it's easier when booking excursions through Carnival.  Not only do we make sure that we all get on the same excursion, I can pay for all with my Carnival credit card & get 10% off.  Then my friends just pay me back. 

By the way, you may still want to call Carnival regarding being linked for dining.  While it seems logical that linking the booking online would link dining, it apparently does not show that way to Carnival.  I called about a different issue & the lady on the phone said they were not linked for dining.  We have 5 cabins, so she checked & linked them all.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:54 PM, Llamabear said:

I hate the new format! I look up our booking on my phone, but my Aunt used her laptop today to look at it because she wanted to see what time we arrived at port and what time our excursions went til. It used to break that down for you, now it doesn't. Logged in on my phone to show her, and the mobile setup is the same as desktop. Isn't this like, the 3rd change they've made to the cruise manager page so far this year? Each time it gets a little less convenient...just saying...

When you log in, on the left side it shows the itinerary.  There is an arrow by each day.  When you click the arrow, it will show that you have an activity and the time.  If you click underneath the itinerary where it says view entire calendar, it will take you to a page that shows the name of the excursion with the time.  Alternatively, you can click at the top where it says Booking & Order details.  That will show all your cabins, in cabin beverages, photo pkgs, excursions, etc.  Plus, it shows the end time of the excursion.  Or, you can click at the top where it says Planner & it will take you to the same page the the View Entire Calendar link takes you.  It's just different & takes a little getting used to the new navigation.

Edited by dmdiver

1 hour ago, dmdiver said:

This is not new since changing the format.  We travel with friends & always link the bookings.  For us, it's easier when booking excursions through Carnival.  Not only do we make sure that we all get on the same excursion, I can pay for all with my Carnival credit card & get 10% off.  Then my friends just pay me back. 

By the way, you may still want to call Carnival regarding being linked for dining.  While it seems logical that linking the booking online would link dining, it apparently does not show that way to Carnival.  I called about a different issue & the lady on the phone said they were not linked for dining.  We have 5 cabins, so she checked & linked them all.

Well it is just under the new format that I have seen this happen. If I booked multiple cabins together in the past then I could handle them all through my account. Excursions, etc. 

But seeing a booking made by someone else that never had any connection to ours is absurd.

1 hour ago, Bookbug53 said:

Well it is just under the new format that I have seen this happen. If I booked multiple cabins together in the past then I could handle them all through my account. Excursions, etc. 

But seeing a booking made by someone else that never had any connection to ours is absurd.

It was like that in early 2017, and that was long before this format change. In fact, I think it even changed once before between then and now. We booked our 2018 cruise in March of 2017 and were originally taking another family. In playing around with the account, we entered their booking number and realized it gave us access to their entire booking, just as it does today. For us, it wasn't much of an issue because they were my wife's family, but I don't think this is the most safe & secure method for Carnival to use. Don't get me wrong, it's handy and probably even necessary, considering many people often book multiple cabins. The problem, in my opinion, is the fact that you only need someone's booking number and last name to access their entire booking. It doesn't seem like a lot. I don't know, maybe they think it isn't likely that someone who isn't close to you will get a hold of your booking number to be able to access your booking. And I guess it's worked so far considering it's been that way for a long time.

On a less serious note, when I realized I had complete access to the other booking, I wanted to use it to have a little fun. Each couple got their own cabin, then our kids shared one. I was going to change the other couple's beds to twins. Since it would've been their first cruise, they wouldn't have known that the "king" option is just two twins put together, so they would've been awfully confused when they entered their cabin. LOL They eventually cancelled on us, so I didn't get to have my fun.

Edited by Organized Chaos

4 hours ago, dmdiver said:

When you log in, on the left side it shows the itinerary.  There is an arrow by each day.  When you click the arrow, it will show that you have an activity and the time.  If you click underneath the itinerary where it says view entire calendar, it will take you to a page that shows the name of the excursion with the time.  Alternatively, you can click at the top where it says Booking & Order details.  That will show all your cabins, in cabin beverages, photo pkgs, excursions, etc.  Plus, it shows the end time of the excursion.  Or, you can click at the top where it says Planner & it will take you to the same page the the View Entire Calendar link takes you.  It's just different & takes a little getting used to the new navigation.

My point was it used to be all on one page instead of having to go to two different pages to see port arrival/departure times and excursion start/end times. I can still find them, it's just less convenient than the previous page setup they were using.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:18 PM, Llamabear said:

My point was it used to be all on one page instead of having to go to two different pages to see port arrival/departure times and excursion start/end times. I can still find them, it's just less convenient than the previous page setup they were using.

I thought we always had to navigate to another page to see all that, but I guess it doesn't matter anyway, since we only have the new format.

On 4/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, Bookbug53 said:

It was that way last year under the old format.  I was able to see that my friends got a lower rate on their cabin than I did.  If it had been a large difference, I would have called Carnival to snag that rate, but I think it was $10.  Plus, they live in a different state, so maybe there was some promo for that state.  Anyway, it was odd since we booked the cruises on the same day.  It was after we both booked that I got their booking number & added it to my booking.

actually it would be nice if Carnival hired a 10 yr old to help them make the web site easier to use..  I think they make it hard to find so you don not  price check

Edited by Tyhunt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/27/2019 at 3:56 AM, jmcathome said:

New format is horrible. Could not link my two cruises together so that they stayed together and i did not have to use my booking number each time. Called tech at Carnival and they said it was a glitch that would be fixed in 24 hours. That was lst week. As for finding your breakdown go to cruise documents and scroll to page two and it has the breakdown. You do not have to be checked in yet. 

Another thing is that if you have a few cruises booked and try to make a payment on the far right one it takes you back to the first booking when you click on it.

1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

Another thing is that if you have a few cruises booked and try to make a payment on the far right one it takes you back to the first booking when you click on it.

I am having this problem as well.

• Like 1

I'm gonna mix things up a bit in this thread and comment on something I do like. With the old format, when you wanted to look at the balance details of multiple bookings, you had to go back to your Cruise Manager and choose another booking, which then advanced you forward to that booking's balance details. That was a pain. Now we can click on "View Balance Details" for one booking and the other one is on the same page on its own tab. So much more convenient.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:45 AM, Bookbug53 said:

I agree Bookbug53.   Seeing all of your own bookings is one thing, but seeing someone elses, is something.  And I only wanted to link those bookings together for dining purposes.  But, I now have full access to all of their bookings.  That is not right and Carnival said they would fix it, but that was 2 weeks ago.  All still the same.

I do not like it at all.