RCL double standards

vinob

we booked a cruise on Jewel of the seas and bought the deluxe drinks package. A number of cc members have said if the price comes down cancel the package and rebook it. When I checked today the price was down from £38.00 to £35.72pppd, so duly cancelled package and then went to book at the lower price, it wouldn’t process it. Thought ok log out go back in again, guess what price back at £38.  Rang rcl, explained what had happened,  couldn’t help was told that price wasn’t for the British market, said wait a minute, it was showing price in £ sterling, couldn’t answer and couldn’t help.  So it seems once again double standards, just like we can’t rebook if the price of the cruise falls. Sorry for the rant, but just needed to let the British contingent know. 

47 minutes ago, vinob said:

we booked a cruise on Jewel of the seas and bought the deluxe drinks package. A number of cc members have said if the price comes down cancel the package and rebook it. When I checked today the price was down from £38.00 to £35.72pppd, so duly cancelled package and then went to book at the lower price, it wouldn’t process it. Thought ok log out go back in again, guess what price back at £38.  Rang rcl, explained what had happened,  couldn’t help was told that price wasn’t for the British market, said wait a minute, it was showing price in £ sterling, couldn’t answer and couldn’t help.  So it seems once again double standards, just like we can’t rebook if the price of the cruise falls. Sorry for the rant, but just needed to let the British contingent know. 

The double standard, at least for canceling and rebooking, are due to the stricter travel laws in your country.

14 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

The double standard, at least for canceling and rebooking, are due to the stricter travel laws in your country.

Okay I stand corrected regarding cancelling and rebooking cruise, but I still find it wrong to be told the price showing for drinks package wasn't for british market when it was showing in £ sterling.  Wish I had tried to take a screen shot of the page showing it at £35.72 plus 18%.