Cumberland River Cruise

SteelMagnolia9

I booked this week the Cumberland River Cruise for September, St. Louis to Nashville, Queen of the Mississippi. Anyone been on this cruise? Going to visit family in Nashville for a few days at the end of the cruise.

Sooo, two ACL cruises this year. Going with a friend on the Hudson River cruise at the end of October (booked onboard last Sept.)

Didn’t really plan on going on two this year, but there was a decent discount on the Cumberland River Cruise, so decided to do it since I could also visit family.

16 hours ago, SteelMagnolia9 said:

I booked this week the Cumberland River Cruise for September, St. Louis to Nashville, Queen of the Mississippi. Anyone been on this cruise? Going to visit family in Nashville for a few days at the end of the cruise.

Sooo, two ACL cruises this year. Going with a friend on the Hudson River cruise at the end of October (booked onboard last Sept.)

Didn’t really plan on going on two this year, but there was a decent discount on the Cumberland River Cruise, so decided to do it since I could also visit family.

We will be very interested in your comments about this cruise.

We leave next week for the American Revolution Cruise (R/T Baltimore).  We are hoping to book the Northwest Pioneers Cruise (for either Sept. or Oct.) whilst aboard.  Have you done that itinerary?

NRayH 

I’ll post a review of the Cumberland River Cruise when I return. Hope you’ll have a review or some comments after your American Revolution Cruise next week.

I’ve not been on the Northwest Pioneers Cruise, but I was on the Columbia & Snake Rivers Cruise (with three friends) which is a few days less than the one you are considering. It was outstanding, loved the history, ports and scenery. There is a series of locks on this cruise. We went in early October 2015.

18 hours ago, SteelMagnolia9 said:

I’ll post a review of the Cumberland River Cruise when I return. Hope you’ll have a review or some comments after your American Revolution Cruise next week.

I’ve not been on the Northwest Pioneers Cruise, but I was on the Columbia & Snake Rivers Cruise (with three friends) which is a few days less than the one you are considering. It was outstanding, loved the history, ports and scenery. There is a series of locks on this cruise. We went in early October 2015.

I will post a review/comments on the American Revolution cruise.  I have never been accused of withholding comments. 😏

NRayH

• 2 months later...

I made final payment on my Cumberland River cruise earlier this month and flights are booked. Confirmed with my family members in Nashville I am still coming for a visit.

Interestingly, I received an email on my Hudson River cruise in October and it contained a description of the shore excursions, prices, etc. and indicated that the shore excursions had to be booked and paid for in advance. I called ACL as on my previous cruises, we selected shore excursions the day of embarkation after a group meeting with the cruise director reviewing them with us. The ACL rep said this was the only cruise that they are doing this on, mainly because a number of the excursions have limits on the number of people who can participate. Anyway, there are lots of excursions to chose from, some offered twice (morning and afternoon). If anyone is interested, I’ll scan and post the excursions information under a new thread. Just let me know.