MSC seaside Atlantis Excursion

floridian1

I'm seeking feedback on the MSC sponsored Atlantis waterpark excursion. Our Seaside cruise stops in Nassau from 12 to 7pm. We have done Atlantis many years ago as an excursion with a different cruise but our port times were much better 7am to 7pm. I'm wondering how the half day excursion works getting there so late. I remember the lines for the slides would get longer as the day went on...

10 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Walk out to the street, get a cab and go on your own.

You know, Years ago you couldn't prebook a day pass on your own online. I just looked and see that's an option now. Thanks . With yc we should get off the ship fast.

Edited by floridian1

Don't pay for an excursion. Been there many times. One trick is book a hotel room across street from Atlantis, it comes with water park passes, you use it to change and bail when done...way cheaper than some excursion

You get off ship, walk towards land, go to end and there are water taxis to take you there, or can go to any "jitney" (Bahamian taxi where it carries as many as possible) and get there.

An excursion to Atlantis would be a total waste of money

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Don't pay for an excursion. Been there many times. One trick is book a hotel room across street from Atlantis, it comes with water park passes, you use it to change and bail when done...way cheaper than some excursion

You get off ship, walk towards land, go to end and there are water taxis to take you there, or can go to any "jitney" (Bahamian taxi where it carries as many as possible) and get there.

An excursion to Atlantis would be a total waste of money

We are on a similar itinerary and arrive at 12pm. What hotels would you suggest?

• 1 month later...

does anyone know if we could buy atlantis waterpark passes at the hotel instead of beforehand online? Hoping to wait and see how the weather is. Buying them beforehand online says non refundable.

Also, if anyone has done the msc excursion for atlantis I am still seeking feedback. The cost of buying them on our own vs through msc is very similar in price when you factor in transportation.

There is not enough time to fully enjoy Atlantis.   My wife and I did Atlantis last year and felt rushed.   We are taking our kids in July and we don’t see the value.   Since we are in YC again we might just get off the ship and let our daughter shop then get back on to ride the slides and zip line.

1 hour ago, Hobby3333 said:

There is not enough time to fully enjoy Atlantis.   My wife and I did Atlantis last year and felt rushed.   We are taking our kids in July and we don’t see the value.   Since we are in YC again we might just get off the ship and let our daughter shop then get back on to ride the slides and zip line.

Did you sail on the seaside when you went to atlantis? we've been before so I know the value isnt very good for the amount of time. Regardless we would like to go.

Since we are YC I'm hoping we get off the ship right after 12 and taxi to atlantis by 12:30 and do the water slides until 5pm and than view the aquariums for an hour or so after the waterpark closes at 5. And then head back to the ship around 6pm.

Edited by floridian1

We were on the Seaside.  Don’t get me wrong, Atlantis was fun.   We just wish we were getting there earlier.   I am no sure what time the slides close at Atlantis.   Last year there was lightning in the area and they closed the slides early.