Drinks package question yet again

alicat58

I know I have seen something in a thread about everyone in the same party having the same drinks package but cannot find it.

We are cruising with my brother and his twin teens. We have the premium package and he is still considering whether he will buy packages for all four of them. 

Are they very strict with this? We have no intention getting drinks for them on our package but I know some people do this and can understand why the cruise line would want to enforce the rule.

Looking forward to trying MSC. Have to say the website is nearly as rubbish as Costa's.

Riana

1 hour ago, alicat58 said:

I know I have seen something in a thread about everyone in the same party having the same drinks package but cannot find it.

We are cruising with my brother and his twin teens. We have the premium package and he is still considering whether he will buy packages for all four of them. 

Are they very strict with this? We have no intention getting drinks for them on our package but I know some people do this and can understand why the cruise line would want to enforce the rule.

Looking forward to trying MSC. Have to say the website is nearly as rubbish as Costa's.

Riana

Hi, Riana - small world.

We killed off the Costa board hope we don't have thee same effect here.🙏

Hi Ron

No we're not going to kill off this board. They are helpful and active.

Bea our drinks package was not part of a promotion. We unfortunately missed the offer. We bought our package. 

My brother lives in South Africa and the poor old ZAR is not worth a lot so the even the premium package will cost a small fortune for the four of them. However, I looked at prices(in $) and I still think it will be worth him forking out the cash. 

Riana

Your brother could also consider the Easy package - it's cheaper and it does cover a fair range of drinks even if it's more limited.  Don't forget that, if he's booking from Sth Africa he'll have to purchase water in the MDR at mealtimes (unlike you, being from UK, who would have it included if you didn't have a drinks package).  He could also enjoy a glass of wine or 2, which can really make having the package worthwhile.  No need to be considering adding 15% to every purchase, either.  Some of the included wines for Easy - while not great - aren't bad either.

ETA ... and, yes, people on here are helpful and friendly (most of the time LOL) and we like to keep the forum that way.  I've seen a few nasties over the years on here but they come and then they go pretty quickly.  The regulars here like a bit of banter, too (which can often lead to threads wandering off-topic).

Edited by Beamafar