Titled wrong Fort St. Catherine ????

latebloomer56

We want to visit St. George again as we have missed this for the last few trips to Bermuda. Would go on Monday and if the free ferry is available great but my question is this will there be transportation to Fort St. Catherine? we have been here before but walked to it. This trip we just can't make it up that winding hill. We were about 8 years younger with better mobility.

Thank as always for your great advise.

You can always take a taxi. Check the bus routes - I think the pink bus goes there, but I'm not positive. I know when we went we definitely did not walk and we didn't take a taxi so it must have been the pink bus. (11 years ago, that's why I say check the bus routes!).

Have fun - we loved Fort St Catherine!

You can always take a taxi. Check the bus routes - I think the pink bus goes there, but I'm not positive. I know when we went we definitely did not walk and we didn't take a taxi so it must have been the pink bus. (11 years ago, that's why I say check the bus routes!).

Have fun - we loved Fort St Catherine!

The pink bus definitely does not run there. What you probably took 11 years ago was the town shuttle that they used to run. As far is known as of today there is not a shuttle this year.

We want to visit St. George again as we have missed this for the last few trips to Bermuda. Would go on Monday and if the free ferry is available great but my question is this will there be transportation to Fort St. Catherine? we have been here before but walked to it. This trip we just can't make it up that winding hill. We were about 8 years younger with better mobility.

Thank as always for your great advise.

You can take a taxi. There will probably be some available at the ferry, if not there is a taxi stand in the Town Square. Returning from Fort Catherine is where taxis may not be readily available. If you don’t want to walk back ask them at the Fort entrance or at the Beach House Restaurant next door to call for one of you don’t want to walk back. Or walk to Tobacco Bay where there are usually taxis hanging or dropping off. Other transportation may be available, it has been on again and off again over the years whether minibuses will be available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We seniors did the walk up in May 2018.  Quite long...at least a half hour or 45 min for us and moderate stress.  Took a taxi back.  Best $3 each we ever spent.