Edge 3/24 Sailing in a Walking Boot - Sky Suite

Sharkette76

There have been many reviews of The Edge, so I am adding just a few notes based on my experience last week on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I am recovering from tendon surgery so wore a large walking boot on the cruise. Our room steward added a shower chair and brought a wheelchair for me to use on shore excursions.

The Ship is absolutely beautiful. Bright, airy spaces with lots of natural light. My DH and I both loved it. The Retreat Lounge and Sundeck are very nice. We spent quite a bit of time enjoying the outside deck that is part of the Retreat Lounge. There is a great breeze and a fabulous view. We found the bar service in the Lounge to be very slow, but the drinks were quite tasty. As others have mentioned, there is very limited shade on the sundeck. I’m sorry to report that the chair hogs are out in full force to snag the only shaded spots early (before 8AM there are towels and books on any shady spot). It seems like it would be pretty easy to add some shade. Hope X is listening.

Sky Suite cabin was well laid out. Our shower has the new shower door. I did not anticipate the impact of simply facing the bed towards the ocean. Wow! We actually used our veranda much less than we normally do because the view from bed was so spectacular (and comfortable!)

We had a great experience in Luminae. Raffy was our server and Yelena was the sommelier. Fantastic service and great food. We had a reservation for Fine Cut, but canceled it mid week because our experience at Luminae was so good.

We ate lunch twice at the Grand Bistro. Service was quick both days. The French onion soup there is the best I’ve ever had. It has a very rich and savory broth – delicious. We were disappointed in the Croque Monsieur that we had on our second visit, as it was not sautéed before adding the bechamel sauce. It was simply a ham and cheese sandwich with a gooey sauce on it.

Only other thing worth mentioning is our butler, Josip. He was delightful and very helpful. He brought us lattes every morning and filled my ice bag every day so I could ice my ankle. He was able to resolve an issue we had with shore excursions that the Retreat Concierge had not been able to resolve.

Overall we loved the cruise and would happily sail on the Edge again once the prices come down a bit. We enjoyed meeting lots of CC folks who helped make the cruise special. I’m happy to answer any questions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your review.  I must say that Josip was our butler when I sailed in January and he was spectacular.  He is brand new to Celebrity but has worked on other cruise lines.  He was very accommodating and provided stellar service.  We really didn't want anything but he insisted that he bring shrimp cocktail and cheese platter to our room.  

I also liked the Edge and also would be happy to sail again if and when prices come down.  

One question for you:  Did you find the layout of the ship cumbersome due to wearing a boot on your foot?  I don't feel as if the ship was designed with "mobility challenged" guests in mind.

Edited by jcpc

10 minutes ago, jcpc said:

One question for you:  Did you find the layout of the ship cumbersome due to wearing a boot on your foot?  I don't feel as if the ship was designed with "mobility challenged" guests in mind.

Generally, I got around pretty well. I did manage to "get stuck" in Eden and had to use the little elevator to get back up to 5. It is unexpected to have to hold the floor button the entire time or the elevator stops.

16 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks for your review. Those mid ship S1s are very tempting. Did you enjoy any live music or shows? I hope your ankle is healing well😊

We went to most of the shows and loved them all with the exception of the last singer. He showed a 5 minute video before he came onstage, telling us how great he was. DH and I couldn't take it so we left before he even came out. Enough is enough!