Aft Balcony on Valor

rcprncss

I am looking at a Valor cruise that leaves in May.  There are several aft balconies left.  Is there anything wrong with these cabins?  There are five left and three of them are on deck 6.  This seems strange to me being so close to the cruise date.  BTW, I have never sailed Carnival.  I have only sailed with  RCI and Celebrity and these are the first cabins to go.  

Any input will be helpful.  Thank you so much.

Some people love them. We like the aft wraps, or corner 'bowling alley' style. We do not like the regular rear facing. They typically get less shade, and folks above can look right down on you, cutting way down on privacy. For us, we would prefer a regular balcony vs a plain rear facing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Some people love them. We like the aft wraps, or corner 'bowling alley' style. We do not like the regular rear facing. They typically get less shade, and folks above can look right down on you, cutting way down on privacy. For us, we would prefer a regular balcony vs a plain rear facing. 

Okay.  That makes a lot of sense!  I didn't know that.  Thank you for your reply.

From the deck plan it looks like a lounge is underneath those on deck 6. It could get loud at night. We usually love the aft balconies but I wouldn't want one over a lounge so that could be the reason why they aren't booked yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cloudninecat said:

From the deck plan it looks like a lounge is underneath those on deck 6. It could get loud at night. We usually love the aft balconies but I wouldn't want one over a lounge so that could be the reason why they aren't booked yet.

It's the comedy club, and it does go late....

• Like 1

We usually book an aft facing cabin when we sail, but we also mainly cruise in the fall. Depending on the season, it can get pretty warm back there. We like to use the balcony for our morning coffee, and to gaze at the wake at night. During the heat of the day, we are not in the cabin much.

• Like 1