Bottled Water on Board

connielou

Geeze, I don't know how much it is, but it isn't cheap. Is there any way you can get some and bring it on the ship with you? You can also pick up more at the ports of call.

Just a thought.

The ship's water is filtered and people like it. Maybe you can just drink their water?

The water onboard is processed by reverse osmosis, and is probably purer and better tasting than almost anything you buy in a bottle.

Bring a bottle or nalgene, and just refill from the tap. My guess (I hesitate to say "promise") is that you will be VERY happy.

My husband is a first engineer on a ship (not a cruise ship) and i was asking him about the water that they make on there, thats one of his duties. He said that the water on ships is much purer that bottled water. If you look at bottled water it still has sodium (salt) in it. THey have a certain percent that it has to be less than on ships and its MUCH lower than in bottled water.

I remember reading on here that someone said that theres to much salt in the ships water and it makes them bloat up.... Its more likely that its the salt in the FOOD that made them that way.

When we went last year the ONLY problem i had with the tap water was that it wasnt cold enough. But, put it in a glass with some ice and walah... problem solved, OR you can put it in a water bottle container and put it in the fridge.

So i just have to giggle to myself when i see people on here write that the water isnt that good from the tap ;)

The water is distilled so it doesnt have and flavor, no florine, like alot of town/city water has.

It HAS to have less than 10 parts per million. ( i just asked him on IM) Which is less than bottled water. So the next time someone says, this water tastes salty... just smile, nod and say, yup.;)

Guest cruzr44
I don't drink pop/soda (gotta cover them both). But I do drink approximately 8 bottles of water a day. Can anyone let me know what I am going to pay on the Voyager for bottled water..and is it available anywhere?

Just over a year ago it was $3.50 for a 32oz bottle. (I'm pretty sure it was 32). And yes, you can get it anywhere. On that note, it is definitely worth bringing some if you don't want to drink the tap water. The tap water is good as everyone already said. I drink flavored water and pack some in a separate piece of luggage and leave it with the checked luggage to be delivered to my cabin.

My suggestion to get cold water from the tap on board, bring along one of the water bottles you can buy that has a refreezable ice tube in the center. That way you can have fresh cold water to go anytime. Just keep the ice tube in the small freezer portion of the in cabin fridge when not in use!

I don't drink pop/soda (gotta cover them both). But I do drink approximately 8 bottles of water a day. Can anyone let me know what I am going to pay on the Voyager for bottled water..and is it available anywhere?

My dad is a huge bottled water consumer. When we went on the Disney Magic last year, he had a case delivered to the room. He didn't care about the cost, just wanted the convenience of having it anytime he wanted. It might be worth looking into the price to have it in the room. A case may not be enough for you but it's a start.

While dining we all drank the tap water with our meals. It tasted fine to me. They say if you don't like the taste, add a little squeeze of lemon.

Let us know if you find any information regarding case delivery and cost. We will be on the mariner in June and will probably get a case for the room if possible!:)

Archived